CH 15//Sleepover

TW talk of physical abuse

A/N: Just wanted to thank callmewormy for the idea for the last chapter! ^w^ ❤❤❤She always helps me out during writers block :)

Also, I started writing that Chapter after working a 16hr shift so I'm sorry if there was any typos or stuff like that @_@

**********

"You're Dad did this to you?!" Alex said feeling sick to his stomach. Who would hurt such a sweet boy like Charlie? And why? From just the three days that he's known Charlie he could tell that he had a good heart and wouldn't hurt a fly. "Charlie...does anyone else know about this?"

Charlie, still not looking at him, shook his head. He brought his knees up to his chest and burried his face in his arms wanting to dissapear. He felt weak for having such problems.

"We gatta tell someone..." Alex warned. "A Teacher or school councler maybe..."

Charlie shook his head again and even used his voice out of desperation.
"Mm-mm" it was small but enough for Alex to hear who had alwaysed listened in case he ever did talk. If the circumstances were different, Alex would be feeling delighted to be finaly hearing Charlies voice.

"Charlie, I know you're scared, but if we don't tell anyone then it'll only get worse". When he didn't get a response he sighed. "Look, my cousin Laura, she was physically abused for three years by her step-dad behind closed doors and didn't say anything about it until she ended up in the hospital with a broken arm and bruised ribs...I don't want that happening to you".

Charlie started to rock himself back and forth, still hiding from the outside world. Alex saw that this would take some time. But was determined to help out his friend.

"You wanna stay at my place tonight?" Alex asked. He knew he wasn't safe at his so called 'home'. Charlie didn't know how to respond. The last time he was out his Father got real mad.
"Please Charlie? Just one night? I promise you it'll be okay. You have me, and my ma too". After a few more moments, Charlie nodded his head. He felt safe with Alex. Alex let out a sigh of releif. "Thanks Charlie. I promise you, we'll get this all worked out".

****

After about an hour, Alex decided they should go back to his place. He put Charlie's wet clothes in a bag, except for his shoes. "Your shoes are still wet but you can take em off when we get to my place. I'll put them by the heater too". Charlie nodded and put his sneakers on, then followed Alex down the ladder. Alex lead him behind the tree house and straight through the woods, where the stream didn't come across.

Before Charlie knew it they were there. He was a little excited to see where his friend lived.

"Here we are" Alex said once they reached his place. Charlie took his shoes off and handed them to Alex who put them on the heater. "My mom isn't home yet but she'll be happy to meet ya after work" Alex said with a smile. "Let's go to my room and get you some new socks".

Charlie followed him through the house and into a small bedroom. His full sized bed took up a little more than half the floor space. It had black pillows and a black comforter to match it. In one of the corners layed a bean bag chair right next to a small book shelf that was stacked with fantasy books. On top were about a dozen small dragon figures, each one a different shade of blue. On the other side of the bed was a dressor with a TV on top, and just a little further down was a closet.

Alex crawled across his bed and opened up the top drawer. He dug around for a minute until he found a pair of socks. "Here you go" He said and tossed them to Charlie. The freckled boy was caught off guard but was able to catch them. He smiled a little and sat on Alexs bed so he could slip them on. As he bent over however he found that the pain in his back wouldn't let him. He hissed in pain and sat back up. Alex's immidiate response was to help.

"Here" Alex said taking the socks. He kneeled down in front of Charlie and started putting his socks on for him. "I don't want you to hurt yourself". Charlie couldn't help but slip into little space right then and there. He truely felt small after having someone dress him, even if it was just socks. He smiled and bounced a little in his seat, something he did when he was happy.

When Alex stood up Charlie pulled him in for a tight hug, clinging onto him like a baby koala. Alex giggled and hugged him back. "You're quiet welcome" he chuckled and ruffled his hair. Charlie hummed happily and burried his face in Alex's hoodie. Alex giggled again. This boy was too cute for his own good. He felt how cold Charlie's arms were and thought he could use a blanket. He pulled away from the hug and Charlie reluctantly let the boy go.

Alex walked over to his closet and pulled a fuzzy blanket from the top shelf. He walked back to Charlie and wrapped it over his shoulders. "There, you're a nice little burrito now" Charlie shook his head and wiggled around from side to side. This ammused Alex and he laughed. "Or a Worm" he giggled. Charlie smiled and nodded, satisfied. He let himself fall back onto the bed and wiggled his way up until he reached the top. He sat up and looked up at the blank TV screen, bouncing on his bottom again.

"Wanna watch some TV?" Alex said crawling up to him and sitting beside him. Charlie nodded enthusiastically. Alex chuckled and grabbed the remote. He flipped through some chanels when spongebob showed up. Charlie gasped excited and pointed to the screen. "Spongebob? Sure, It's a good show" Alex replied. He put the remote down and the two watched TV together for the next few hours.

Eventually Charlie grew tired and layed down on the pillows. Alex looked over and smiled. "Go ahead and take a nap, I'm ganna go make some dinner before my Mom gets home. I'll shout for ya when it's done" Charlie nodded and snuggled into the pillows.

Alex giggled and made his way over to the kitchen. He looked through the cuboards and decided on spaghetti Oh's. He took out three cans and brought out a big pot and mixing spoon. As he cooked them on the stove top he glanced at the clock here and there, knowing his mom would be home any minute.

But then it was 10 minutes after she was supposed to be home, and he started to get worried. Then his phone rang. It was his mom. He pressed the 'Accept' button and put the phone up to his ear. "Hey mom, where are ya? Dinner's getting cold".

"Hey sweetie" His mom said in a sorrowful tone. "I'm so sorry but we had someone call in and they really need me to work over time".

"Oh..."

"I'm really sorry honey, but I'll be home tonight at ten, okay?"

"Mom...these long hours aren't good for you."

"Honey I promise you I'm fine. I-"

His mom was interrupted by someone yelling at her. "HEATHER COME ON I AIN'T PAYING YOU TO SIT AND CHAT WITH YOUR FRIENDS, WE GOT CUSTOMERS WAITING!"

"Coming sir!" His mom replied. "I gatta go, I'll see ya tonight, love you!"

"Love you" Alex said before hanging up. He sighed heavily and put the phone down on the counter. He hated her boss with a burning passion. He wrapped up her bowl of spaghetti Oh's in tinfoil and placed it in the fridge for later. Afterwards he reheated his and Charlies bowls and put them on the counter.

"Charlie!" He shouted. "Dinner's done!" When he didn't get a response he walked down and opened the bedroom door. He walked over to wake Charlie up, but stopped in his tracks when he saw Charlie's thumb in his mouth. "Um, Charlie?" He spoke again. Charlie stired awake and looked up at Alex, now out of little space. The first thing he noticed was his confused expression. He then realised he was sucking his thumb. Crap! He took his thumb out and sat up. He looked away blushing from embarassment. Now he was ganna think he was weird.

Alex sat down on the bed. "Hey, it's okay. You suck your thumb, so what? Doesn't bother me none. Just caught me off guard is all. I promise you I won't judge". Charlie looked up at Alex and held out his hand, sticking out his pinkie. He had the face of a sad puppy. Alex smiled and wrapped his own pinkie around Charlies. "I promise" He said. Charlie smiled a little, feeling a bit more assured. Alex really was a great guy. "Come on, dinner's ready". Alex said standing up "I made Spaghetti Oh's" Charlie smiled and eagerly followed him down to the kitchen for his favorite meal.