CH 13//Back home

TW Physical Abuse and Yelling
***Sorry for not putting Trigger warnings earlier on, i hope i didn't trigger anyone. I'm going back after this chapter and putting TW's for all of them***

Charlie quickly pushed through the screen door and almost ran inside. He heard the engine stop as he made his way through the pourch and into the second door. As soon as he was inside he headed up the stairs and straight for his bedroom. After closing the door behind him he went to his desk and pulled out a textbook from his backpack. He then opened it up to a random page to make it look like he was doing something productive with his time.

He heard footseps coming up the steps and bounced his leg in a nervous fit. He kept his eyes glued to the text, not really reading a single word.

"Charlie Foster!" David shouted as he swung the door open. Charlie flinched as the door crashed into the wall. He turned around in his seat, avoiding any eye contact. "You wanna explain to me why you're home so late?". Charlie bit down on his bottom lip. His heart pounded in his chest. "You think you can just go around...being sneaky?!" Charlie, still looking down, shook his head. He heard his Dad stomp over to him. He felt hands grab onto his shoulders and threw him out of his chair. He curled up into a ball and felt a hard kick go straight to his back. "Fucking useless piece of shit" his father mumbled. He gave him another kick before leaving the room.

Charlie stayed in his tight ball. Tears forced their way out and slid down his face. He let out all his sobs he was holding in and bit down on his bottom lip again, harder this time. He let go when it hurt and placed his thumb in his mouth, finding immidiate comfort. He started to calm down and played with his hair as he sucked his thumb. Before he could stop himself, he slipped into his little space.

Little Charlie hummed to himself and continued to suck his thumb. He sat himself up and whined when he felt the pain in his back. He used the edge of the bed to stand himself up and he crawled onto the bed. After lying down he grabed his Teddy and held it close to his chest. Soon his eyes started to close, and he fell asleep not caring that he was still in his clothes and his shoes were still on his feet.

****

Meanwhile Alex was walking through town, dohnut box in hand as he strolled around. 30 minutes went by before he made it home, it was dark by now. He walked inside his trailor to find his mother sitting on the coach watching TV.

"Hey, sweetie" she said looking back at him. It was clear she was exaughsted but wanted to stay up for her son. She felt terrible that she couldn't be there for him more. "Dinners on the counter"

"Thanks mom" Alex said giving her a smile. He walked over to the counter and placed the box of dohnuts down before grabbing his plate of macaroni and cheese with a hot-dog on the side. His mother patted a spot next to her on the coach and Alex happily plopped down next to her.

"How was your day babe?" His mother said fixing his hear as he ate his mac n cheese. "It was real good actually. I made a friend at school and I brought him to the woods. We all played hide and seek with the kids. Then after that, I walked him home and he got me dohnuts!" He put his paper plate down on the coffee table. "Speaking of which..." he walked over to the counter and brought the box back. "Want one?"

"Oh, no thank you sweetie, I'm not feeling too good at the moment" Alex's mother replied with a small smile.
Alex shrugged and put the box down on the coffee table and went back to eating his dinner. "Tell me about this friend of yours, he seems like he's made you quiet happy already" she chuckled. Alex blushed and looked down at his plate, playing with his noodles with his fork.

"Mooom it's not like that" he whined.

"Oh hush, I was only teasing" she chuckled again. "But do tell me about him".

"Well, he's really kind, pretty chill, and he don't talk but that doesn't stop us from communicating. I'm actually thinking about learning sign language"

"Oh, Alex that's so sweet of you" She said smiling with her eyes closed. She looked like she was about to fall asleep right there. Alex put his plate up and stood up.

"Ma maybe you should get some rest" He said a little worried. She had dark circles under her eyes and was a little pale as well.

"Alright" she said drowsily. She leaned foward in her seat and let Alex help her up. He started walking her to her bedroom. She nearly stumbled over halfway there but they made it to her bed safely. She plopped down on her bed, still in her uniform and fell back into the pillows. Just like that, she was out. Alex took her shoes off and put them by the closet before making his way out.

He walked back to the living room and took care of his plate. He then went to his own bedroom and changed into a black T-shirt and boxers. He picked up his hoodie and fished his phone out of his pocket to send a text.

'Night Charlie!'

He sent the text and climbed into bed. He stayed on his phone to watch youtube and hoped he could fall asleep before depression took ahold of him another night.

****

Charlie woke up when he felt his phone buzz in his hoodie pocket. Still half asleep, he pulled it out and read the text. He smiled and hummed to himself when he saw it was from Alex.

'Nini!' He texted back, still somewhat feeling small. He put his phone under his pillow and happily went back to sleep.

***

Alex smiled when he received the text. That was adorable...he felt himself blushing and went back to YouTube. Soon he fell asleep, and had a dream of him and Charlie sitting in the grass and watching the sun set as they ate chocolate dohnuts.