CH 48 // It's a surprise

Alex let out a sigh as he put down the very last box. He arched his back as he stood back up with a groan.
"Aw man" He said now stretching his arms up to the ceiling. "Would it kill them to put an elevator in this place?"
Charlie came up from behind him and wrapped his arms around his waist. A sweet smile spread across his face.
Alex turned in Charlie arms and held the boy close to his chest. He kissed the top of his head.

"I can't beleive it" Charlie said nuzzling into the blondes chest. "We have our own place now".
Alex smiled and and hummed. "We do indeed. It was about time you moved in with me" He chuckled.
"Yeah, you've only been asking for the past two months now" Charlie laughed.

It had been a whole year since Alex moved into his apartment. But it wasn't until today that it finally started to feel like home.
Lily woke up from her nap and scurried out of the living room wagging her tail. She barked with excitement upon seeing Charlie and Penelope. The two pups ran up to eachother and began their game of 'Chase me until I hop onto the couch and then I'll chase you'.

Just then Mia came in holding Teddy carefully in her arms. "I beleive this is your's" She said.
"There you are!" Charlie said hugging him.
"Well" Mia sighed with a smile, "I think thats everything". She held back tears and looked at Charlie. "I am so proud of you hun. You've accomplished so much in the past two years we've spent together". Charlie hugged her tightly with teary eyes.

"Thank you Mia" He whispered. "Thank you for everything. I love you".

"I love you too darling" Mia said as a tear ran down her cheeck. She sighed as she pulled away. "I'll always be there for you. I'm always just a call away." Charlie gave her a nod and smiled. He wiped his tears away with his sleeve. "Alright, I better get going. I have work to do".
She hugged Charlie and Alex one more time before heading towards the door. "Bye guys. I'll see you around okay?"

"Yup. Bye Mia" Charlie said waving Teddy's arm.
"See ya around" Alex said.
Mia smiled and waved before closing the door behind her.

Alex looked around the room at all the boxes they had to unpack.
He blew a rasberry and flopped onto the couch face first. He didn't plan on moving much for the rest of the night. He didn't even flinch when Lily and Penelope started to lick his ears.
Charlie let out a laugh and sat by his feet. "Tired?" He asked stating the obvious.

"Just a little" Alex said in a muffled voice. He lifted his head up for air. Which also exposed him to face licks now. "How bout we call it a night and order chinese food?"

"Okie" Charlie said swinging his legs. He picked Teddy up by the paws, making him dance on his lap. "Can we watch Lilo and Stitch too?"
Alex smiled and sat up. The pups seised their kissings and resumed their playtime.
"Sounds like a plan" He replied.
"Yaayy!" Charlie cheered. He put his arms in the air, lifting Teddy up like a rocket ship. He giggled and flew Teddy around the air.

Alex grinned and pulled Charlie into his arms. He smothered the boy in kisses. "You're adorable" he cooed.
Charlie squeeked and hid his face behind Teddy. "Nuh-uh!"
"Uh, Yah-huh!" ALex said putting his hands on his hips.
"Nope" Charlie protested.
"Don't make me tickle you" And with that, Charlie was off. He ran full speed ahead down the hall squeeling. "Get back here you cutie!"
Alex shouted chasing after him. He chased his little bear into the bedroom.
Charlie dove under the covers giggling. Alex smirked and closed the door behind him. "I got you know!" He ran up to him and attacked his sides with tickles through the blanket. Charlie laughed and squirmed away. His head popped up at the other end. His hair stuck up straight from the static, causing Alex to burst out laughing.
"You're cute!" Charlie said pointing at him.
"How dare!" Alex said with a gasp.
They both giggled and Charlie crawled out of the sheets to cuddle him.
Alex sighed happily and closed his eyes as he hugged the love of his life.
He finally felt at home.