4. A Completed Promise

Casey's POV

I slowly opened my eyes. Taking in my surroundings, I saw that I was in some underground chamber that had been set up as a small bedroom noticing that I was on a bed. Glancing at my leg, I saw that it was healed miraculously, though my pants had a hole in it from the bullet. Fortunately, they were black and the bloodstain was hardly noticeable.

I pressed a finger on my ear-com.

"Does anyone copy?" I spoke and pulled my finger back and waited.

There was no reply. I had a hunch that I was out of range from anyone.

So, I got up on my feet and went over to a door and tugged and pushed it, making me realize that it was locked.

"Great," I muttered.

I pulled out my phone and saw that I had plenty of battery life, but there was only one bar for reception. It was my opportunity to contact the others. The only thing was to find out exactly where I was. So, I focused on the door and telekinetically unlocked it, and smirked at it.

Making sure the coast was clear, I snuck out of the room like a ninja into what looked like a concrete tunnel that was lit with patches of sunlight. Ahead of me, there was a ton of activity going on. Armed men patrolled a series of other tunnels and at the main center were scientists and technicians putting together some type of machinery at a fast pace like office drone workers. None of them was anything like The Office characters for sure!

I swiftly dodged and ducked without being seen and hid in between a couple of crates. My stomach dropped when I saw Clint talking with Selvig who was over by the Tesseract which was connected to some type of machine. There'd had to be a way to get them back to their normal personalities again!

I pulled out my phone and checked the reception. Unfortunately, there was no service, but an idea clicked. Making sure that I had it on silent, I opened the camera app and took a few pics of the Tesseract and somehow managed to get Clint and Selvig in the shots. Next thing, Loki came around joining them in their conversation. So, he was included in the pics. I ducked and quickly snuck back into the chamber I woke up in. Checking my phone once again, it was one bar like before. It should be enough to send the pics to my friends. So, I chose to send them to Peyton since were likely with Sean, Vince, and Nicole. When one of us got an important message that required our group, we inform each other.

Peyton's POV

Vince got on one of the computers figuring he'd help trace Casey with his hacking skill by tracking her phone since she carried it with her all the time.

"Anything bro?" I asked feeling antsy to hear if our friend was found.

"Not yet," he shook his head as he rapidly typed on the keypad buttons.

"I thought you were the fastest hacker here."

"Aw c'mon sis! I may be a techno-geek, but it doesn't mean I'm slow at hacking."

That second, my phone vibrated and beeped. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that I had several multimedia messages from Casey. I opened my message box and saw about eight pics of the Tesseract hooked up to some type of machine. My mouth dropped at seeing a shot of Clint along with Dr. Selvig and Loki. It looked like they were in some underground lair. Casey somehow was there and managed to secretly take some pics with her phone and send it to me so I'd inform everyone else. Sean and Nicole looked over my shoulders in shock at our friend's situation.

"Hey, what gives?" Vince asked seeing that the three of us went quiet, "Did somebody die?"

"No," I shook my head and showed him the pics.