12. They Will Come

Casey's P.O.V

Opening my eyes, I found myself staring up at a gray ceiling. For some reason, I couldn't remember falling asleep. I ran both hands on my sides, reaching for the holsters, but realized that I was unarmed. Same for the archery set and bracelets once realizing they were gone.

Then I recalled the attack on the Helicarrier, watching Phil get run through with the scepter and Craig getting knifed in the abdomen. I had a horrible feeling about everything and hoped everyone else made it through.

Seeing my new surroundings, I sat straight up and saw that I was in a bedroom. The curtains were shut which made it hard to see where I was. Determined to find out where in the world I was, I got on my feet and was about to look through the curtains when I felt a familiar pair of arctic cold hands fondling me, which made me jerk and pull myself forward.

"What the frak?!" I gaped turning to find Loki smiling at me, "Where are we?! Why did you take me?!"

"As I have told you earlier," Loki replied, "You're mine."

I took two steps back. He was way over his head claiming me like some kind of possession. I've dealt with Craig and his rants that he and I were still in a relationship even though I called it off.

"There is nothing to fear Casey," Loki continued, "I love you."

My mouth dropped halfway open, "How? You wounded my guardian and countless people and you say that? The others will be....,"

I was cut off when Loki pressed a finger to his lips and shushed me. I tried using my telekinesis when he stepped closer to me, but nothing happened.

"What?" I gaped seeing that it didn't work.

"Your power is no match for mine," he stated reading my confused expression.

I was about to back up when Loki pulled me towards him like before. I couldn't move a single muscle as he pressed his lips to mine. Just like the events on the mountain, the sparks were there.

"You were made for me," Loki pulled away a bit and tucked some of my loose hair in the back of my ear, and resumed kissing me.

A series of cold shivers streamed up and down my body. Plus, I realized that I never had any feelings for Craig. Back then, I was just a teenager having lost my parents and striving to navigate my way through life but needed an extra boost. Craig was around to help me through it all. After the New Mexico occurrence, I realized that there was no common connection between us. Craig still thought we had something besides the fact that my dad trusted him with me. Loki did have a point about my ex. He couldn't seem to let me go once I avoided any form of contact.

"Come, my love," Loki smiled as he gently pulled me close to him, "When Midgard is mine to rule, you shall be made a queen."

He took my hand and led me out of the room and down a hallway. I realized that we were right in Manhattan, in New York, and inside Stark Tower, Tony's building as I took note that we were at the highest level. Something told me that it had some high point place to open the portal.

I was led outside on a walkway, which was close to a landing pad, and back inside. Loki had pointed out the machine which held the Tesseract on the roof of the building. It appeared to be self-sustaining. Selvig was standing next to the machine and appeared to be tracing some data on a laptop.

I started imagining the worst that could happen when the Chitauri were let loose in New York. They'd wreak havoc on the entire city, not to mention the freaking world! The worst would be if Loki won, he'd have all my friends killed right in front of me! There was no way that I was letting that happen. I had the guts to run up to the roof and turn off the machine, but not with Loki watching my every move.