13. The Clash

Peyton's P.O.V

We arrived in New York, which looked like it was falling apart like someone blew up a giant Lego model set with a couple of Nerf guns. Now I felt bad about destroying Vince's Star Wars Lego set with a soccer ball when we were kids! It took him months to put it together! But on seeing the destruction, I could only hope Casey was alright, wherever Loki stashed her.

We saw Tony ahead zigzagging through the city as a horde of what appeared to be the Chitauri were in hot pursuit of him on what looked like intergalactic scooters. The horde looked like a messed-up offspring of the Pred-Alien and The Walking Dead.

"Stark, we're on your three, headed northeast," Natasha contacted him.

"What, did you stop for drive-thru?" Tony remarked sarcastically.

"Yeah, we did! Had to grab a Big Mac on the way over!" I yelled.

"And a McFlurry!" Nicole jumped in on the joke.

"No, we didn't!" Sean stated not understanding it.

"Swing up Park, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you," Tony continued and headed north and cached back around.

The Chitauri chased him, and Nat shot them all with the cannon that was mounted to the Quinjet.

"Dude," I turned to Sean, "When this whole thing blows over, we're gonna educate you in fluent sarcasm."

"You're not kidding right?" he asked not getting me.

"We'll talk about it later if later comes around," Vince nodded at him as Steve gave us an expression that it wasn't the time for joking around.

Clint flew the Quinjet by Stark Tower, as Nat fired the missiles at the alien scooters zoomed by in our view. We saw Thor and Loki brawling at each other on the balcony of the tower.

"Nat?" Clint gestured at her.

"I see 'em," she nodded.

I peered over and saw Casey on one side of the balcony having taken cover to avoid getting caught in the middle like some poor referee during a harsh boxing match. She turned towards us with an expression of relief and wondered why we had taken so long to get there.

Clint slowed down as he brought the Quinjet around to a near hover to make it easy for Nat to target Loki without hitting Thor. Right as she fired the jet's machine gun, Loki fired at us with the scepter, hitting the Quinjet's left-wing engine, which sent us in a downward spiral.

"Hold on to something!" Steve shouted at us.

Vince hugged me like I was his only life support as I gripped both hands on a handlebar after buckling myself for safety. Sean and Nicole rushed to buckle themselves in their seats.

All of a sudden, we weren't falling. I glanced once again and saw Casey trying to keep us hovering telekinetically. It was a big surprise that she was able to use up her energy on huge machinery like the Quinjet.

"She can't hold it for long," I stated as I watched my best friend start to get tired.

"She's gotta let go," Clint remarked.

"Casey, can you hear me?" Sean contacted her with his ear-com, "You gotta let us go. We'll be fine."

"I can't!" Casey shouted through the ear-com, "I'm not risking anything!"

"We don't want you hurting yourself like this," Nicole nodded.

"Leave the hovering to me," Vince said as he let go of me, sat in one of the seats and gripped his hands on a nearby handlebar, and focused his energy on the Quinjet's machinery as I quickly buckled him in, "I got this dude."