9. You're Always Mine

I felt my heartbeat racing as I made my way toward the detention level. After I picked up my upgraded weapons and armed myself with just the bracelets and guns, I heard from the others that Natasha interrogated Loki and managed to figure out the rest of his plan.

On seeing her coming from that direction, I noticed the look on her face that told me it wasn't any good.

Approaching the door to the cell room, I took a few deep breaths like I was about to dive into the deep end of an Olympic-sized swimming pool. Even though I wasn't supposed to be there, I had my reasons for heading in. After Thor told me about Sigyn, I thought I would hear Loki's side of it and see if it all matched.

There's no turning back now. I thought as I opened the door and walked in, putting on my best poker face as I walked toward the glass cell.

"Hello, my love," Loki smiled on seeing me enter the room.
Once again, my heartbeat banged against my chest like a hammer, and I felt my face heating up.

"I only came here for specific answers," I said still keeping a straight face and crossing my arms at the same time, "Why did you abduct me from the New Mexico base? And, what's with the affection and lust you've been showing to me?"

Loki then eyed me, noticing my suit, making me feel exposed on the inside and out, and chuckled, "You should've kept on the gown. You were ravishing in it."

I mentally shook my head. He was doing it again. I wasn't letting him know that I already knew why. I needed to keep it going.

"Just answer the questions," I demanded trying to get him on track.

"You remind me of someone special from the past. She was like you in appearance," Loki replied.

"That's one," I checked that off. It was starting to get somewhere, "Second, why the loving affection?"

Once again, he gazed at me and walked up closer to the glass with a Cheshire cat grin, "Because you're mine, Casey. You're always mine. I will be the first to hold you, to kiss you whether you come willingly or not."

Not happening! I thought stubbornly.

"Oh, it will, my little sparrow," he said reading my thoughts.

I silently gulped and nearly fell backward. That very minute, the door opened, and an armed agent revealed himself.

"Agent Armstrong!" the agent called out, "You're not supposed to be here."

"Alright. Okay," I nodded, "I'm going."

"It won't be long before you realize that you were meant to be at my side," Loki stated as he still watched me, "That pathetic mortal who claims his feelings for you won't keep me from what is truly mine."

I was starting to feel uncomfortable and headed for the door as I felt the trickster's eyes viewing every move I make.

"The boss wants to see you," the agent interjected, "He's in the lab with everyone else."

I nodded. I had a hunch Fury had seen everything from the surveillance video and monitors and was extremely pissed at me for defying his order to stay away from the detention level.

I sighed and headed off and braced myself for one of his reactive lectures, which only went on whenever an agent screwed up an order or severely damaged some expensive tech.

The next thing, I started getting an achy feeling that something was wrong. And something was telling me to warn everyone about it, fast.

I pressed a finger on my ear-com, "Does anyone copy? Something's wrong," I spoke into it.

"What is it Case?" Vince replied.

"I don't know, but I can feel it."

"I'm on my way to ya!" Peyton responded.

"Me too," Sean spoke up.

"Ditto," Nicole jumped in.

Before any of us could say anything else, all of a sudden, there was an explosion.