10. Taken Once Again

The impact of the blast knocked me off my feet, literally. I hit the wall and slammed face down on the floor. Broken shards of metal, glass, and loose wiring scattered all over the place.

"Casey! Where are you? Are you alright?" Craig yelled through my ear-com.

"I'm fine," I grumbled as I lifted myself back on my feet.

"Just tell me where you are! I'll come to you!"

"No! Wait for Fury to give you an order."

I ran through the damaged hallway, almost tripping over debris. Suddenly, there was a loud, deafening roar that sounded throughout the Helicarrier. And that could only mean, the Hulk was accidentally unleashed. Bruce!

"Oh no!" I gasped, realizing that was the reason why Natasha was upset earlier. She had figured out Loki's intentions to destroy all the Avengers.

I heard from my ear-com, reports of Loki's men sighted onboard, and Engine Three was out, and Steve and Tony were out there fixing it. I heard Nicole reply that she was heading out to help the two as Steve didn't know the mechanics of the carrier. Vince was hacking into the system to try and keep the ship steady. Sean and Peyton were attempting to take out the rogue agents before they got to the brig.

Plus, I jerked a bit. Clint was on board. There had to be some way to get him back to his normal self again. Plus, there was another order to try and lure the Hulk off the Helicarrier before he caused severe damage on the inside.

"Agent Armstrong!" Fury called into my earpiece, "Guard Loki! Make sure that his men don't get to him!"

"Right on it sir!" I replied.

I headed for the weaponry room and grabbed my archery set in case the guns and bracelets weren't enough. Craig entered the room and armed himself with a huge firearm.

"What are you doing here?" I asked slinging on the arrow pack and bow.

"Fury told me to help you make sure Loki doesn't escape," Craig replied.

"Are you sure he told you that? You'd better not be lying to me."

"For God's sake Casey, I'm not lying. I would never do that!"

I decided to drop it and not argue with him. Both of us headed for the detention level.

On the way to the cell room, we both ran into Thor, who was also on his way there.

Arriving in the cell room, to our shock, the glass cell was wide open and Loki was stepping out of it.

"No!" Thor roared as he ran towards him.

As that happened, Loki disappeared, and Thor was locked inside the cell. I realized that it was an illusion. Before Craig or I could get to the control panel to get him out of the cell, Thor gazed at us with an expression that revealed he was trying to warn us about something. Suddenly, Craig was tackled by one of Loki's men. Before I could help him, I felt a pair of icy cold hands touch my shoulders. I let out a small gasp and turned my head to one side and saw that it was Loki.

"Casey!" Craig wheezed in shock as the trickster started stroking me lovingly.

"Are you ever not going to fall for that?" Loki asked looking at Thor as he held me in one place.

Peyton's P.O.V.

As the chaos occurred, Sean and I headed for one of the levels where Loki's men were seen. We had to keep them from getting all over the ship or we were toast. A little earlier, both of us had a close call when Thor and the Hulk tore through the floor just a couple of feet from where we stood.