Scene 7 - The Girl

It was the new day at school. Heading in for English after the break, in with the crowd and with his own year. He is alert. He knows that there is something. Something people know. He felt that everyone knows about the photos, but nobody has mentioned it or brought it up. Why? The class for English is lining up, and Rhys waits outside patiently, still alert. He notices his crush in the English room to his left and turns to that side. His crush also sees him, and boy she likes him! Her pupils dilate, her head tilts, she gives a sort of half-smile to him. Her eyes were fixed, almost hypnotized. He had that feeling in his gut, she liked him big time!

Mrs. Quick:

Ok class, you can go in you little slobs!

Rhys turns around to the teacher, distracting him. He turns back around to Ellen, looking deep into his soul, and she can't help it! Eventually, he sort of half-smiles, even he couldn't resist that. Then, he leaves. When he enters the class, he feels rather proud of himself. Rhys looks over at Lewis then back then smiling smugly again to himself again, he was obviously doing something right. And things were just about to get much worse for him...

His GCSEs are approaching, they are now only within a week now. The year, sat across the massive hall, busy working hard at their Maths paper on their desks. The entire room is silent. The teachers watch over like hawks, staring over at their prey. Rhys finds the paper too difficult, after all this is a GCSE Maths Paper, so who really cares about that anyway? He finds the paper too difficult, so he takes a little break. Something behind is distracting him.

Ellen was behind! One to his right, two seats down. She was there. What was she up to? Rhys can just about see her out of the very corner of his eye. She crossed her legs and letting on of her slip-on shoe dangle of her toe. Playfully flirting with him? She checks him out. Ellen re-positions herself, feeling rather nervous of him. Now, feeling shy and rather submissive, she looks at him with those eyes again and re-positioning herself again to cross her legs. Her shoes fall off. Ellen then begins curling her hair and her pupils dilating. She slips off the other shoe, slouching downwards on the chair and pointing her toes directly towards him. There was no doubt about it!

Rhys was sorted! He now had all the reason to finally get the girl of his dreams. And this flirty business would go on and on and on and on. Signal after signal after signal. Things looked as though everything was going for him. The time has come. He lies in his bed the night before it happened about her. He was always one to talk to himself as he lies there.

Rhys:

Oh my god! She so likes me! I've got to tell her. Yeah. If I like her and she likes me and is giving me signals, why would I ignore it? She would then simply move onto someone else! Yeah. I've got to do it! I must! The Graphics and RM test is tomorrow in the afternoon. So I've got to tell her then. I must!