Scene 9 - A Bad Feeling

The next school day, a Friday catch up session in Half Term for the History exam the following Monday. Once again, he is sat on his own with no friends, at the back. The girls are on the opposite side of the classroom, including Ellen, Naomi, Immy, Ruby and other catty girls like Rebecca and Georgia sat over there. The feeling is bad, really, really bad! Some of the girls are beginning to death stare at him from the other side of the room. He feels anger once again, deeper anger than he has ever felt in his entire life! Why do they keep death staring at him?

Georgia:

Look at that weirdo! He's got no friends whatsoever, has he?

Ruby:

Why would he have any in the first place?

Naomi:

I bet he's homeless and will probably end up dating a rat.

Immy:

Maybe we should cheer him up with Lewis' photo.

Rebecca:

How doesn't he know that you and Lewis are going out, Ellen?

Georgia:

Lewis didn't take history, but when they next meet he's going to kill him for good!

Ellen:

Did you hear what happened to his parents?

Ruby:

They made a repulsive abomination.

Ellen:

That too. But his parents were killed in a car crash.

Naomi:

For good.

Ellen:

And he lives in an orphanage.

Rebecca:

Why would anyone want that freak in their house?

Ellen:

And I'm making his life much worse for him!

Rebecca:

Good.

Ellen:

And hopefully, I'm going to drive him around the bend! So then he dies!

The girls break into laughter! He slams his fist, picking up his school bag and running and running out! Ellen watches him run out, she realizes what she has done – just to fit in with the crowd. Now she thinks that he might have just killed him. Rhys has run home in terror, throwing his bag down and jumping on his bed, crying his eyes out and hiding on it. She has no idea what she has just done. Rhys hates her guts now. Possibly the worst thing he did was admit his feelings. Now, Rhys just lies on his bed, crying and crying and crying. What could possibly get any worse in his life at this stage?