Scene 10 - The Final Exam

It was finally the last exam of his GCSEs, the entire year sat in the hall, staring and glaring at him as he walks in front of them. He is the last person to enter the exam hall before the exam is about to commence. He notices Ellen on the front row – looking deep into his soul like she used to. After what he had just been through, does she really still like him after what she did to him? Or has she now perhaps regretted rejecting him? Is she happy with going out with Lewis and how she treated him? Rhys turns away from her, before then looking back with those big eyes, falling for him. The boy knows her games and isn't going to bother with them. Once he makes for his seat, he finds a problem – Lewis is behind him. He whispers out to him to wind him up.

Lewis:

You smell. I want to kill you Rhys! I actually want to kill you!

Rhys tries very, very hard to suck it up.

Psst! She's mine! Outside after this exam, RIP Rhys Sherlock.

After the final exam has finished, it is the end – and summer. It was then time for the leaver's assembly. But he wasn't going to have any of that. As the examiners take in the final papers, Lewis whispers over to him again.

Fight me out there you puccy!

Once the exam is over, Rhys grabs his bag and sneaks off down the corridor instead of outside, running. He runs off for good. And he would never return. Forget that stupid girl he thought he liked. Forget the bully who will steal his girl. And forget his place in society. The lone wolf has left to the wilderness once more, and he will strike out on his own...