The island.

(If you are someone from school reading this, don't. It's a fan-fiction from a game...)

Y/N, who had previously been sleeping grunted as someone shook her violently. Her eyes squinted at the sun beaming down on her. She gripped her fists together only to feel a handful of sand. She heard the sounds of waves in the distance, crashing against the shore, a gentle breeze blowing through her ears. It suddenly came to her...She was on a beach.
When her eyes finally adjusted to the light, she saw a lanky male figure hovering over her. He seemed average in height, about 5"9. His hair was white, and a spiky, yet curly mess. It stuck out to every which way. He wore a hoodie that was clearly too big in size on him, and under it, he was wearing a white shirt with some kind of red design on it. His eyes were a grayish green color, and they started at her with intensity,
"Hey, are you okay?" He asked. His voice was soft but yet eerie, there was something oddly sinister about her voice, yet it was calming.
"Answer me..!" He demanded, waving a hand in front of her in concern. It took her awhile to actually process what was going on before she quickly shot up from the ground and got back up in a rush. She was terrified, but she didn't show it.
"Why am I here?!" She asked, quickly whipping her head around. Yep. Just an island.
"It's good that you're awake." The man softly said, taking a step towards Y/N. For every step he took, she took a step back. "W-Who are you?!" She asked.
"Ah, I'm sorry." He stopped approaching her and smiled warmly. "I am Nagito Komaeda, the Ultimate Lucky Student! Lame, I know. Fitting for a worthless piece of garbage, is it not?"
Her eyes stared at the boy, whose name was apparently Nagito. She quirked an eyebrow at his Ultimate, before letting out a sigh. "You aren't garbage, don't talk about yourself like that...Uh...Nagito."
Nagito seemed thrown off by her words. "Well... Who are you? I have to know who you are before you before you do anything." His smile only seemed to widen.
"I am...Y/N L/N. My ultimate is...Wait. I can't remember, exactly. I am sorry." She smiled nervously and scratched her neck. She seemed upset by the last sentence. Nagito only tilted his head at that. "Can't remember? Huh weird."
"Is it weird. But...Nagito. Can I ask you...What the hell are we doing here on this island?!" He closed his eyes and seemed to attempt to recollect his memory, all thought he too did not have any memory of getting here. "I don't really know, Y/N.
Y/N slumped over, seeming to lose all hope. But she still had questions. "So, what are we even doing here? Is there any other people here? Why an island? Last thing I remember is that I was standing next to the entrance of Hope's Peak Academy and then...It got blurry."
Nagito put his hand out, notching her sudden pale face. "Are you okay?" He asked. Y/N nodded and put her hand over her forehead, attempting to block the sun from her eyes, so she wouldn't have to squint.
"But seriously, What is th-"
"Greetings, Y/N L/N!"
Nagito simply just shifted his gaze from Y/N to the stuffed rabbit that had appeared before her, but on the other hand, Y/N was startled by her appearance and jumped back. "Who...Who are you?! Why are you talking?! Are you re-"
"I'm Usami-Bear! Usami for short! I guess you could say I'm your teacher! And you are on...The class trip!"
Y/N had to pinch herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming. Yep, not dreaming. "Fuck." She mumbled under her breath.
"Usami, Huh?" She asked, still frightened by her appearance. "I mean...You're a talking rabbit in a dress-"
"That I am, Yes! But still, i'd like to make this a fun class trip for everyone!"
Y/N tilted her head in confusion. "Class...trip?"
Usami beamed. "That's correct! I've brought you to this island so everyone can get along on this Heart throbbing school trip! You all are gonna have so much fun together! Well, once you all come to your dang senses of course!" She wailed.
"My...Senses?" Y/N thought.
She took a step back away from Usami, afraid of her. "Now now, there is no need to be afraid!" She smiled. "I'll be sure to make this a fun class trip for everyone! By now!" She enthusiastically declared, before disappearing into thin air.
"Hey, Y/N?" Nagito asked.
"Yes?"
"Everyone is waiting at the restaurant for you. I want you to meet them." He smiled, before taking Her hand suddenly. Y/N freaked out and pulled her hand out of his grasp. Nagito looked surprised. "Y/N?" She shook her head and wiped the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand.
"S-Sorry...! It's just, well it's instinct for me to do that since I just met you and I-"
She was getting so worked up that she didn't even notice Nagito had a disappointed look on his face. Seeing that, she quickly grabbed his hand again and sighed. "Let's get this over with."
She could see the pure excitement in The boy's gray eyes. "Then! Let's go."
The two started to walk to the restaurant together when Y/N tilted her head in confusion, looking up at Nagito. "Hey, Nagito...How do you know there are others on this island?" She asked.
"You weren't awake when we actually got here and were introduced to Usami. I tried to shake you awake, but you wouldn't budge." He replied, shrugging his shoulders. Y/n felt as if she had a grasp on what was going on, but in reality she didn't. She didn't even know how to react to this; but she was sure Usami meant no harm.
"Y/N. We are here" he explained, untwining his hands with yours.
"Huh." Y/N let out a small gasp at the sudden appearance of the restaurant. It didn't really look like a restaurant at all. But through the window, she could see people inside, talking with each other. "Are you ready?" Nagito asked, slowly walking up to the entrance. Y/N followed. "Yeah."
"Great! Then let's go!" He exclaimed, holding the door open for her. "Ladies first." He smiled. Y/N couldn't help but smile at his gesture. It was sweet.
She went inside and immediately felt the cold air inside, refreshing her. She also noticed people there- each different height.
"You both arrived. Finally. Stop dilly dally next time." Someone suggested.
Nagito chuckled and smiled warmly. "Sorry to keep you all waiting!" He apologized.
"Oh, she's finally awake!" A female with long blonde hair who was talking to someone with pink hair and a yellow jumpsuit smiled warmly at Y/N.
"Tch, took her long enough." She glanced over to the person who said that, nervously. She could tell he didn't really like her.
"HELLOOO!" A lanky girl with dyed blue and pink bangs ran over to her and got up in her face. "WHAT'S YOUR NAME?! MINE IS IBUKI MIODA! IBUKI GREETS YOU!" She excitedly yelled at Y/N.
"H-Hi..." She smiled sheepishly at her.
Everyone greeted her soon enough and told her their names. In her mind, she already had a clear image of what she thought of everyone. She liked all of the girls easily, no doubt about it. Although, she didn't really care much for one girl. She couldn't remember her name, but she had blond pigtails, and she was wearing an orange Kimono.
Y/N liked all of the boys easily. Not in a romantic way of course, she just thought well of all of this. Except Togami, she did not care for him that much. He was so demanding. There was something...Off about him. However, she did not hate her. She also didn't know about Fuyuhiko either. He was rude.
Y/N was at a table talking with nagito and others when suddenly, one of the Tv's in the room Went off, and Usami appeared.
"Eh?" Y/N mumbled.
"Students, please report to The main beach this instant! May peace be with you!" Usami Explained before the Tv Powered off all of a sudden.
"Well, I guess we should go then." Chiaki suggested, before getting up and scooting her chair in. The class agreed and started to head out, one by one. Y/N was walking alone, when she saw Hajime and Nagito walking together. Knowing she literally just met Nagito, for some reason, she trusted him. Without thinking, she ran up to him and clutched his green hoodie, making him stop in his tracks. He turned to face her, blinking a couple times in confusion. "What's wrong?"
"Can I walk with you both?" Y/N shyly asked. Nagito smiled at her, Hajime did the same. "Sure." They both answered, in sync.
"Gosh...I'm glad." Y/N sighed in relief, and continued walking with them. The sun was beaming down on her when she finally got to the Beach with Nagito and the others. Usami was patiently waiting for them there.
"Hey, Everyone!" He happily greeted them.
"AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!" Souda screamed, clinging onto Sonia for dear life. Sonia became disgusted by this and politely shoved him away.
"If you keep screaming like that, you're gonna get hoarse, you know." Usami sighed.
"Cut to the chase. Why did you call us here? Answer." Togami sternly questioned Her.
"Oh! Yes, I understand you are a little bit shaken up about the whole being here, but I just want you to get along! So, I've come to the conclusion that the whole class will have to do something together!" She exclaimed.
"Together?"
"Yes. If I'm being more specific, swimming!"
Everyone felt uneasy by this idea. Y/N's breath hitches and she took a step back.
"A-Are you telling us to go swimming? In a situation like this?!" Hajime shouted.
"It's not like I'm ordering you guys to go swimming...If you want to, you can..." Usami shyly answered.
"There's no way I'm swimming! There's no way anyone would be so thoughtless as to go swimming in a situation like this...!" Hajime declared, glancing at each of his classmates.
"I-I agree with Hajime!" Y/N stated. "There's no way anyone-"
"YAHOO!"
Y/N looked behind her and let out an inaudible gasp.
"HELL YEAH!!" Another shouted.
"Aw yeah! There's no way I'm gonna pass up swimming when the weather is like this...!"
"I agree! Even my loins agree! See?~"
Ibuki rolls her eyes back to her head, her body shaking. Visible white foam leaked from her mouth. "ah-blurb-blub-blub-blub-blub-blub...GROSSSSS!"
"Your tenderloins? I understand!" Sonia smiled.
Nagito stepped in and smiled awkwardly. "S-Seriously, Don't even try to understand..."
"How long has it been since I last swam in the sea?" Mahiru questioned herself.
"I-I would L-Like to swim a-as well..."
"ALL RIGHT! LET'S GO CHANGE!" Nekumaru yelled. And with that, the people that were excited quickly began gathering to get their swimsuits from Usami, and ran straight to the hotel to change. However, Hajime, Nagito, and a few others stayed behind.
Y/N stared in shock at the crowd of people that went swimming. She felt pressured by everyone wanting to go. She felt like she had to, too. Her thoughts were interrupted by Nagito's calming voice. She turned around to see him, smiling wide at her.
"What are you going to do, Y/N?" Nagito asked. Y/N felt very pressured by this, so she stayed quiet. However, Nagito's smile didn't fade at all.
"I understand how you feel, and I won't force you to do anything you don't want to do." Nagito sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. "But if you feel up for it, I'd be overjoyed if you came along!"
After he said that, Nagito immediately ran to the hotel to change as well. Y/N had to think about it. She didn't want to disappoint Nagito in the slightest bit. They still weren't technically friends yet considering the situation, by Y/N caught herself wishing Nagito would stay with her before she smothered the thought.
The only people on the island who didn't go to change where Togami, Chiaki, Hajime, Akane, Hiyoko, Fuyuhiko, and of course; Y/N.
Y/N was surprised that Akane didn't go. She seems more of the active type. She wanted to know why, so she went over to Akane, who was leaning against a palm tree.
"You aren't gonna go swim?" She asked her.
"Hm? Of course I am, why?"
Y/N tilted her head in confusion. "Then why didn't you go with the others to change?" She asked.
"I don't need to change. all I need to do is take off my clothes." She casually put her hand on her hip.
"Is she serious?!" Y/N thought. She put her hand in front of her and nervously chuckled. "That...That was a joke...right? What about your swimsuit?"
"There's no way I'm gonna wear something as embarrassing as a school swimsuit!" A subtle blush crept onto Akane's face.
"Gosh, you really are crazy..." Y/N chuckles to herself.
"So! Let's hurry and swim!" She Shouted. And with those words, Y/N immediately tried to cover her up and she unbuttoned her shirt. "Akane! Put your shirt back on, you can't do that!" Y/N whisper-shouted at her.
Out of nowhere, Usami appeared, startling the two girls. "Hey, Hey! Shameful behavior like that is not allowed! If you're going to swim, you gotta wear a swimsuit!" She declared.
"Tch, what a pain!" Akane groaned before slowly putting her shirt back on.
"Phew..." Usami sighed, and quickly went back to where we were standing previously.
Y/N looked around at the other people. She decided she might as well talk to Byakuya so he would hate her or anything. Hesitantly, she walked up to him. Byakuya shot her that familiar glare, and she felt like the just melted.
"Byakuya...You aren't going to swim?" She asked. Byakuya folded his arms. "Of course not. However, don't think that makes us friends if anything. Our reasons are different."
"Different reasons?" She asked. Byakuya scoffed at her. "You do not understand our situation, because you're nothing but a coward, right?"
"C...COWARD?" She answered in disbelief.
This is simply why Y/N disliked Byakuya. Still, she was determined to at least have a decently long conversation with him, maybe he would lighten up.
"The Usami thing is not lying to us. You're starting to realize that, aren't you?"
Y/N tilted her head. "Then why aren't you going to swim, Byakuya?"
"Simple. I do not like ocean water. It is too salty." He answered, and with that she shooed her away rudely.
She thought she'd have a better chance going for another person she was not too fond of. Hiyoko Saionji. Y/N hesitantly walked up to her, she was staring at the sand.
"Go away! I'm busy." She stated.
"U-Uhm...You aren't going to swim, Hiyoko?" Y/N asked.
"Nope! Stepping on the crabs on the beach is way more fun!" She giggled like a maniac. Y/N felt uncomfortable by this, and decided to leave her alone. She saw Hajime standing alone, and decided to ask him what he was doing.
"Hey, Hajime! You aren't going to swim, huh?" She asked. Hajime sighed and looked down. "Yeah...I don't think I am. Who could ever swim right now...? I just...Don't feel completely comfortable with the idea." He shrugged.
"Are you and Nagito friends?" She blurted out randomly. She wanted to ask that, but she didn't plan on saying it. Hajime looked up at you. "Uh...I don't know. I think it's safe to say we are just strangers who get along pretty well. He seems like a nice guy. Are you guys friends?"
"Well...I would like to be, yes. But I don't know if Nagito considers that friendship." Y/N shrugged.
"Yeah..." Hajime agreed. "Are you going to swim?" Hajime asked. Y/N immediately remembered Nagito's words.
"But if you feel up for it, I'd be overjoyed if you came along!"
She quickly exhaled and looked up at Hajime, her eyes full of determination. "Yeah, I think so."
Hajime cracked a smile, but it disappeared faster than it appeared. "Well, hurry then! They are almost out here." He exclaimed, before Y/N quickly ran to Usami to get her swimsuit, and ran to the hotel to change.
She was running for a while when she finally saw the hotel and walked into a separate room. Since no one was there, Y/N guessed they were already at the breach already, since it took awhile to get here. She has changed finally when she opened up the door, only to come face to face with none other than Nagito Komaeda, who was just about to knock.
"Oh! Hey Y/N!" He smiled.
Y/N was startled by his sudden appearance, and jumped back. "Gah! Nagito! What are you doing here?!"
Nagito chuckled at Y/N's sudden behavior. "I heard someone in here, I was just about to knock. Just my luck, it was you!" His smile widened.
The first thing She noticed was that Nagito was already in his swim trunks, his shirt was off. It's not like he wasn't muscular or anything or had abs, but it was hard not to stare at it.
"Bad luck or good luck...?" Y/N asked.
"....Good luck." He responded, his gray eyes seeming to stare into her soul. Y/N caught herself smiling like an idiot before a subtle blush appeared on her face, however she tried to hide it with her arms.
"Is my appearance scaring you?" He joked. "No, it's not that it's just that...it's really hot in here...and my eyes can't take heat. They start to water...." She tried to make up an excuse, but that was a pretty lame one.
"Hot...?" Nagito asked.
"Y-Yeah-"
"Well it's even hotter out there. Do you even want to go swimming, Y/N?"
"I'm fine!" Y/N uncovered her face, revealing it was a blushing mess.
"Ah, your blushing." He commented, he had a content expression on his face, but it slowly curved into a smirk. "Do you like me, Y/N?" He teased. "What are you, in middle school?" she responded laughing, walking out of the changing room and walking out of the hotel, grabbing a towel on the way.
"Come on!" We waved her hand, signaling for Nagito to follow her. Nagito sighed and caught up to her, and the two happily walked together to the beach.
When they got there, everyone who wanted to swim was already on the ocean; laughing, smiling, splashing, joking around with each other. The mere sight of it made Y/N smile.
"Let's go!" Nagito cheered and suddenly splashed into the ocean. Y/N chuckled and quickly walked into the water. She brought her arm up and splashed Nagito, before Nagito chuckled and splashed her back. The two went at this for a while, but suddenly stopped when they heard a familiar voice.
Hajime.
"Hey! Guys! Don't forget about me!" He ran towards the shore when all of a sudden, everyone stopped and looked up at the sky. It grew cloudy, and dark. A panicked look appeared on Y/N's face.
"Huh?" She looked up at the sky with wide eyes. "These clouds don't look natural at all...!"
Usami took a step back as she looked up at the clouds with a troubled look on her face. Everyone was uneasy at the situation, and decided to head out of the water. The temperature dropped as well.
"Eh? H-Huh..?!" Usami stammered.
Y/N got her towel off the ground and put it around her, as Nagito did the same with his own.
"H-Hey! What did you do?! This is obviously not right! It was sunny just a minute ago!" Hajime complained.
However, Usami didn't answer. Panicked sounds just left her mouth, her only focus on the sky. "Wha-Wha..W-Whaa-wha-wha...?" She stammered out.
"WHAT IS THIS?!" She finally yelled out in distress. Y/N exchanged glances with Nagito, both of them equally upset about the situation they were in. Hajime seemed to be the only one who was confronting Usami about it.
"I didn't do anything! What is all this?!" Usami took a step back and put her hands in the air.
Hajime let out a confused sigh and turned to the rest of the group, noticing their faces.
"What..?! Something like this shouldn't be happening! Not now!" Usami complained.
"What is going on?" Y/N moved up to the front of the group and asked Usami. "I Don't know!" She quickly answered.
There was a sudden noise from the tv box nailed on to the tree. It was static sounds, but there was a figure there. It was just black, and it was glitching out, but Y/N seemed to make out a shape of what seemed non-human.
"Ahh, Ahh! Mike check! Mike check! Ah, ah! Ah, ah! Can you hear me? Can you hear me?" A cheerful voice came from under the static noise. The voice was so laid back and peaceful it sounded out of place, as if an endless storm of malice could be felt raging behind that single voice. But it was different from Usami's. Y/N shuddered.
"Puhuhuhu....Surprised? You were all totally surprised! Rriiiggghhtt..? Now then! Sorry to keep you all waiting for so long. Let's leave this worthless entertainment behind. It's time for the main attraction! You guys better head over to Jabberwock park! I'll be waiting..."