Chapter 5. Rainbow Steve's PoV

I sat in Mr. Dusk's classroom, staring at the worksheet in front of me. What am I going to do? If I failed this test, I would let my dad and teacher down. I can't let that happen. 

I sighed softly. I miss Star, I miss having friends, I miss how Void wasn't here to steal everything. This test infront of me depended on everything. I had to get it at 90% or better. But with that, I will less likely be able to do it. The chances were just too risky.

I sighed quietly and began the test. I was so confused and nervous! What if I failed? What would my Dad say? What would Star say? Would I have friends ever again? I waited for some time when I finished then turned it in as the last student.

"Think you did well?" Mr. Dust asked me.

"I hope so." I reply, feeling uneasy. Then the bell rang. I said goodbye to Mr. Dust and left with me supplies. It felt good to get out of there, with my test turned in. 

I went to my locker and grabbed my next hour supplies before turning around to leave. I stopped. Nightmare, Red and Sandstorm (the Yellow Steve) were yelling at Sabre Cheesehug. Sandstorm yelled something out of my earshot and threw down Sabre's school stuff. The three laughed, then I saw Void leaning against the wall with his arms folded, a smirk on his face. Anger boiled inside me. Sure, bullying is wrong and all but bullying the new kids are even worse! I dropped my stuff and barged up to them. 

"Stop!" I say.

Void glares at me while the other three stare at me, then laugh.

"What are you going to do about it?" Red challenges. "Tell?" 

"This is not okay." I say. I saw Sabre watch me from the corner of my eye. "You can't just bully everyone you see." 

"We can do what we like and whimps like you can't tell us what to do." Nightmare said. Red pushed me back. I fell to the ground and glanced up to see Void and the three walk away with smirks on their faces.

I get up and quickly help Sabre pick up his things.

"Thanks." He says. That was the first time I heard him speak! 

"You're welcome." I breath. I hand him some papers and his book. Legend of the- I didn't read the rest. Both of us stood. "I have to get to class." 

"Okay, bye." Sabre says. I walk away. I've never, and I mean never, done that before! I felt good! No, great! I stood up to bullies for the first time, in forever. I couldn't wait to tell my father!

"Rainbow Steve!" I looked up to see Mr. Dust waving me over. When I stood in front of him, he smiled. I felt hot, what did I do now? "I need to talk to you."

I nod and follow him to his desk. He sat down. 

"I saw you stick up for Sabre." He said. "I'm proud of you." 

I smile, feeling a little embarrassed. "I just didn't like watching others get bullied."

"And that's a good thing." Me. Dust told me. "Your making a change, good job." He glanced down and held up a piece of paper. My eyes widened. It was my test, and I had...

A D!