Chap. 8

Chap. 8

Kyla smiled at her reflection, she was glad Quenton was taking her out to dinner. A week after Quenton had given her the advice she deliberately went home and didn't tell her mother what happened. But she was positive if she did that Anferni and Ramon would kill her, she knew so. As she pulled on her dark purple peplum dress she let her eyes drop to her brand new silver heels. She hoped Quenton liked them. She wished D'ante' was seeing them nevertheless.

She adjusted the dress so it showed little cleavage and didn't make her look too overwhelming. After all, this was a strictly friendly gathering. She put in silver hoops that she stole from her mother's jewelry box (because she only has gold, and how bad would that clash with silver stilettos?) and re-glossed her lips with the clear minty lip-gloss. She hoped she looked good to Quenton. Her hair was hanging down in wavy mode, as it had last Sunday, and it made Kyla feel confident. She was ready to impress.

"You look beautiful," Kyla's mother whispered from the door.

Kyla swiftly turned around and held in unshed tears that were ready to ruin her newly applied mascara.

"Thanks, Mama," Kyla said. “So do you." 

Maria laughed and strutted off her graying sweatpants and her baggy tee. 

"Thanks, as well, I guess. Tell that young man he better treat you well." 

"Will do, but for now do you mind dropping me off at Olive Garden?"

~~~Thinking Outside of the Box~~~

After Kyla's mother had dropped her off, she entered through the large dark doors and was greeted by a waitress waiting eagerly. Apparently, they didn't get many customers. 

"Table for one?" She asked in a sincere enthusiastic voice.

Kyla shook her head, "I'm waiting for someone."

"Oh. Well, are you talking about that fine young man at the table right there?" She pointed to a table to the far east of the restaurant and Kyla strained her eyes to meet the spot. 

Quenton sat there folding and unfolding his hands, Kyla laughed at his nervousness.

"That's him, alright," she followed after the perky waitress and Quenton's eyes met her own. Her heart did a flip and he gestured to the spot across from him. When she made it safely in front of the table she sat down beside him, not before letting him take in her outfit, of course.

"Wow. Do you look this incredibly fire all the time?"

"Leave it to you to say something smooth, Mr. Sexy," Kyla snorted.

And he really was.  He was dressed in a button down plaid shirt and his finest pair of jeans; Kyla could tell he really tried to impress her despite his obvious financial problems at home.

"Ha, I know," Quenton cockily brushed his hair forward with his hands muttering something about he had an ocean up there.

Kyla giggled and took his hand. This was going to be perfect.

~~~Thinking Outside of the Box~~~

Approximately an hour and 43 minutes later Kyla and Quenton were exiting the small restaurant and waving like hell at Kelly, their small cute petite waitress. Kyla had caught Quenton checking her out several times and decided to get her number for him when he left for the bathroom. 

"He totally was checking you out, trust me chica," She had told Kelly, and she giggled like hell.

"Thanks, he's sexy as fuck! But are you sure you and him don’t have nothing going on?" Kyla shook her head. Her and Quenton? Well…. Nah! Nothing was going on.