⌖7⌖

Genesis

"So what's gonna be our adventure today?" I asked her.

"Why's your face swollen?" she asked. I twirled my hair .

"Uhh its nothing hunny.." i said as we sat on the couch. She sat back and started rocking her legs.

"Can we go to the park?" She asked. I tucked me lips.

"I don't know how your daddy will feel about me taking you out like that Kas.." I said.

"Well..can we go outside and play hide and seek?" She asked smiling, showing her teeth. I smiled .

"Yeah come on, lets get some shoes on you.." I said getting up and grabbed her hand, going to her room. I got her out some regular Nike's , putting them on her and put her hair into a ponytail and mines too.

"Okay come on.." I said . She was following at first but then she went in her closet and got out a soccer ball.

"You wanna play soccer too?" I asked, she nodded.

"That's what I wanna do when I grow up.." She said grabbing my hand, pulling me toward the front door.

"Play soccer?" I asked as we stepped out, going into the yard. She nodded.

"That's great Kas, I bet you can do it.." I cooed slightly tickling her , making her giggle.

"I can't play in the house or daddy will get mad.." She pouted.

"He probably just don't want you to break anything.." I said playing with her baby hairs. "I'll count okay?" I said. She nodded and smiled putting the ball down then ran to a hide place.

"One, two, three, four fi-" I got cut off by my phone buzzing.

From Nate 👫

Babe I'm sorry bout last night. I didn't mean to get that mad at you

To Nate 👫

Whatever Nate

From Nate 👫

I'm forreal, you forgive me?

To Nate 👫

We'll talk about it later

I sighed and shook my head at Nate bipolar self once more. I was about to finish counting until I looked up and saw Kassidy running, about to run into the street.

"Kassidy no.." I said running after her. She kept giggling cause she thought I was playing til I caught her right before she stepped out in front of the car that had just zoomed by.
I took a deep breath as I sat on the ground with her in my arms.
Then I saw a black BMW pull in and stop beside us.

"Bruh what the fuck? You bout to get my daughter killed.." King spat as he walked over to us. He snatched Kassidy from me and glared at me.
I stood up and dusted my butt .

"But I didn't and I wouldn't. I'm sorry , I made a mistake.." I said , he huffed as he held Kassidy heading to the house.
I jogged , following them in.

"Kas go take your shoes off.." He said putting her down. She ran off to her room as he looked back at me.

"Do you know what you almost did!?" He said ,coming close to me.

"Yeah I made a mistake, I'm sorry it won't happen again. " I said ,slightly getting irritated.

"What if she would've stepped out b? What if she would've fell!" He started to yell.