Chapter 2 : Boiling Point

De'Shawn's POV :

It's a sunny Saturday morning, the clouds of snow on the ground are melting. I find it very hard to get up but I have a competition to attend at 3. It's later than most competitions because this one was pushed back due to school issues.

I roll my lazy ass out of bed after debating whether I should get up or sleep some more for about 20 mins. It's 12:43pm and I'm still tired as hell from practice last night.

Today is a important day in cheer history. We made it to nationals this year and Im trying to go home with that trophy once again.

I make sure that I wake up my step mom before anything else then I find my warm ups, put my music on speaker, and hop in the shower. Singing along to inspiring music to hype me up for the competition later.

When I get out the shower, I put on my all black warm ups.with red and white letters that say 'EK Varsity Competitive Cheer', blow dry and style my hair then top it off with my black bow trimmed with red and silver glitter in it. The I put on my white Kapea cheer shoes. Im ready to kick some ass today.

Its 1:49pm & my step mom is still sleep. I go bang on the bedroom door.

SM: "Hmmm, Whaat!?"

Me: "It's already 2, I gotta be up there at 2:30."

SM: "..."

5 mins later...

I knock on the door again, this time, I knock louder.

SM: "Stop knocking on the Damn door, I'll get you there!"

Okay, now she's really pissing me off. I knew this was going to happen. She does it all the time. She's ALWAYS late. It doesn't matter what it is, if it aint for her, shes going to be late.

Im not really mad that she's late because I expected that but Im mad that she doesn't realize how important this is to me. I could cry right now. I don't even have time to eat breakfast.

20 more minutes pass, and I threw on my Varsity Cheer coat the I walk out the house in frustration slamming the door. With my cheer duffle bag hanging over my shoulder, I sprint to door "H" to meet my teammates on the bus that just pulled in.

Shit, Im glad I made it just in time.

Of course, we won the trophy. On the ride back to the school, I was a happy camper. But I was lowkey preparing myself for the drama that was waiting at home for me as usual, just more dramatic this time. I didn't even bother calling.

I decide to walk home after the competition, Which shouldn't be a problem because Im saving her gas. I live Damn there right across the street from the school.

I made it to the house and the door was unlocked.

That means they seen me walking home already.

I walked in and before I could put my bag down, I hear my dad call my name from my room.

Dad: "Have a seat."

I sat down.

"How was this competition or whatever?"

Me: "It was fun, we won the trophy, and all my tumbling were clean, and every last one of our stunt groups went,"

Dad: "That's what's up, Im glad you had fun..." he paused... "Cause that was your last time ever leaving this house again. If it ain't about school, you ain't going nowhere!"

Me: "What did I do?!"

Dad: "Stop asking dumb ass questions, you can't play me like Im stupid. You didn't think I was awake when you were talking to my wife like you were grown this morning, huh?!"