Chapter 4 : An Open Book

De'Shawn's POV:

So I made it to California and instantly fell in love. My heart warmed up just like the weather here. The feeling of the sun washes my chills away. The houses are big and beautiful. I see so many new faces, I feel like its a new beginning for me. Oh yeah, I think imma like it here. Im ready to hit up the beach. But business and priority comes first.

I go get my car off the jet and drive to the handle some financial business. I need to find a new job and new clients. I also need a place to sleep tonight and many more nights to come.

I stop by a beautiful looking motel. I pull in the drive way and headed to the administration office.

As I walked through the hallways, the art and decorations were so extravagant. I smiled at one picture that caught my eye. It was a painting of a little baby girl being held by her mother. They looked so happy, their expressions were priceless. I was in a daze for a moment. I even stopped to examine the details of the painting.

The painting brought me to a happy place where I had No worries, I could stare at it all day. It reminds me of my mother, how the women is holding her child. Her smile looked just like my mother's. I take a picture and send it to my mother. Right below the painting was a quote. It said, "Love shouldn't need a definition." I walked away from the picture and headed to my room.

The smell of flowers and vanilla hit me as I opened the door. The room was beautiful and big. I mean bigger than what I was expecting, This looks like an apartment. The veiw from the balcony was breath taking. The beach was in perfect sight and the tall buildings surrounded it. I took another picture and sent it to my mom.

I get unpacked and settled in. I decide to take a shower and head back out to my car. A shopping spree sounds good right now. All this hard work really paid off.

Now, If you thought the mall in your hometown was big, you thought wrong. This mall is too damn big. I hope I don't get lost and forget where I parked.

So far, I've done pretty good. 5 out fits, 3 pairs of shoes, 4 sets of underwear, and lots more. Im just walking around with multiple bags and looking for something I need that I ain't thinking about right now because Im so overwhelmed.

I walk into footlocker to see when they were getting newer shoes, they ended up offering me a job because I looked respectful. I took it and I start Monday, Yayy, meee! ☺.

Anyway, as Im walking out a guy walks in. Man oh man, he looked like Chris Brown with blonde dreads. His outfit was fresh asf too. His snakebites and tattoos almost made me melt. His hazel eyes hypnotized me as I walked pass in a dazed. He wore a blue shirt with the gold Pharaoh symbol on it. Black joggers, blue & black custom made Jordan's. He smelled like Axe and had the most beautiful teeth I have seen on a man. They were so bright. I guess he caught me looking at him because he smiled and bit his bottom lip. God, he's Handsome. But you know me, I rolled my eyes then shook my head and walked away. He's not about to trap me into this one. I know how niggas are, so I don't expect Cali niggas to be any better.

De'Mario's POV:

We made it to Cali around 3pm, and decide to go to the mall after I pack my shit up at the crib. My nigga Eric a real nigga for taking me with him. If I get on, Which I will. He's gone be the first to get a shout out.

Shit, Cali is slapping. I don't know what I've been missing out on. It's like so many opportunities and bitches out here. Sleep tonight? I think not. When we pulled up to the mall, I was surprised how big that bitch was. This that shit.

We hit up every store up in that bitch and I still got money to spend. Im looking fly asf, Im feeling fly asf and I need a bitch that's fly asf TONIGHT. I hit up one last store before I go see a movie and hit up a party. So, I walks into Footlocker and this fine ass Puerto Rican looking bitch caught my eye. She saw me first but I can't stop looking at her. She was looking right too. Her juicy ass lips, big titties, skinny waist, and nice ass in them Victoria Secret leggings had me on bone. It was the way she looked at me that made me smile when we locked eyes for a moment. We both blushed at the same time and her Beautiful smile spread it's wings across her face. It made me want to bite her lips. She looked so adorable and innocent. No tattoos, No piercings besides her ears. She had on a full out fit that didn't show skin. Her REAL hair was flat ironed into a cut little hair style that was dyed a honey color, it matched her skin perfectly. But when our eyes met for the last time before she turned the corner, right in her big brown eyes, pain as If she was hurt and scarred for life flushed her soul. I could feel it in my gut that it was something more to her. And I had to find out. I don't know why it was my business but I had to find out. She rolled her eyes and disappeared into the crowd.