Chapter 29 : Missing You

De'Mario's POV:

It's been a whole damn year and nothing has changed. I still feel the same way as I did the day Shawny took the blame for me. We write each other all the time but I can't get the courage to go see her. You wouldn't understand unless you were in my shoes before. I can't see her but not be able to touch her. I can't know that she's only a few feet away from me but I can't take her home. I don't want to tease myself with something that's off limits.

Most of our letters are about how we feel about each other and memories. The one question that never popped up was,

Why did you do it?

I still make music and chill with my bro Chris and them but I haven't spoke to Eric and Them. Im tired of the Media bringing up the situation with Shawny and Im mad asf that they recorded the whole thing. I hate to see people replaying what will haunt me for the rest of my life.

I have an interview with Queen Latifah today on her show and I don't feel too good about it. Nicole told me to do it for Shawny and that was enough motivation.

QL: "Welcome, Legacy. Well, you are looking handsome today, I like the swag and style you have."

Me: "Thank you, you're looking good yourself." I said with a charming smile.

QL: "Thank you, hunn. So tell me, Legacy, What brings you here? You haven't been doing any concerts, No appearances, No interviews, but you've dropped 2 albums. Why the sudden change of heart?"

Me: "Yeah Well, I had a little pep from my moms and-"

QL: "I thought your mom passed away?"

Me: "Shawny's Mom."

QL: "Oh, Im sorry. Well, then Yes continue."

Me: "That was it. All I was saying was, She told me to come for Shawny If I wasn't coming for myself, So, here I am."

Audience: "Awwww *Applause*"

QL: "That's sweet. Okay, so how did that whole situation go down last year? Because it looks like it was alot more to it than what happened in that courthouse especially since there was a guy missing."

Me: "Right, Well. To clear the air for the world to know because this is the first and hopefully the last time imma say this. You are hearing the true story from beginning to end. The case was closed and I was sentenced already anyway so this can be leaked. Fans at home and to the ones to hate me or even Shawny, turn up your volume listen carefully.... Shawny had a friend named Keisha that passed away a couple years ago. Keisha got AIDS from Tony. Tony & I were homies through my cousin Eric. The day I introduced them to Shawny, she asked him about Keisha. He said some foul words and she smacked him. I mean she smacked him so hard that Flexx and Mia came out the room half dressed."

QL: "Who is Mia & Flexx?"

Me: "Flexx, well James is Shawny's Cousin and Mia is his baby moms, Well, fiance because he had just proposed to her the night before."

QL: "Awww, that's adorable."

Me: "Yeah, so, Everybody asked what was going on and Tony called her out her name. Shawny held on me so tight that I couldn't move cause she knew I was upset. Well, James got ahold of him and Mia couldn't control him. They started fighting. Long story short, James and Mia got shot, Shawny beat his ass and Kacey called 911."

QL: "Wow, that must have been crazy."

Me: "It ain't over, Mia woke up the next day, James didn't."