Chapter 12 : Trouble

While the young happy couple dream about new beginnings, trouble starts to boil beneath the surface. Will they be prepared for the trouble that awaits them? Or are they too caught up in a fairy-tale?

Flexx's POV:

My name is James but Im known as Flexx by most. I got in the game to support my family. Im from Grand Rapids, Michigan but due to a felony that I caught a few years ago. I moved my family here. Im only 22, but I gotta be on my grown man shit. D is the only nigga that understand where I come from.

Back to business, D need me to get a serious job done. I got him No matter what, cause he always got me. Im out here doing my job before I go home and get ready to tell him what's up with these rat ass niggas in our trap. Ion trust a soul but D and Im glad he can trust me with something as personal as this. I know he real cause he invited me to meet his family. When you bring a nigga home to fam, that's how you know he yo real nigga. He said his girl from Grand Rapids too, I hope it ain't somebody my girl don't like. It's gone be some shit.

I make my way around a warehouse that has one of our dealers and another one of our hitmen talking to a husky looking lightskinned nigga. I made it just close enough to hear their conversation. I recorded them just so I won't fuck nothing up. When I seen them about to part ways, I stopped the video and saved it in my phone. I threw my black hoodie over my head and disappeared into the mist.

On my way home, I call D. He didn't answer the first few times but I know he probably busy doing something and just can hear the phone ringing. I called for the fourth time and a female with a familiar voice picked up.

Female: "Hello, Im sorry. De'Mario is sleep right now. I'll let him know to call you back when he wakes up. Okay?"

I know that voice. I just don't know from where man. I can't wait to see who this is. I hear someone grunt while the female speaks in the background and she spoke again.

"Hold up, hes up now."

Me: "Iight"

I hear mumbling and could hear them kissing. The female giggled and told him to take the phone.

D: "What's up, Flexx?"

Me: "I got something for you to see and I wanted to know If you still wanted me and my fam to come over."

D: "Iight that's what I like to hear, & Oh, mos def. Just call when you on your way, kid"

Me: "Im on my way, just touched down at the crib."

D: "Iight, bet."

Me: "Bet"

I get inside the house get everybody ready to go and we head out to D's crib. I kiss my give my girl Mia for good luck before getting out the car. It's just a thing we do.

Me: "I love you."

Mia: "I love you too."

We let the kids out and walked to the door.

Me: "Now when we get I here, Yah behave and use your manners, you hear me?"

Daughter: "Yes, daddy."

SON: "Otay, dad"

Mia smiled because I always made sure our kids were at their best at everything. I knocked on the door and some woman that looked like Cassie opened the door holding a baby that looked like D. Of course she the baby momma.

Woman: "Hello, come right in. LEGACY!"

D comes out the first bedroom and dapped me up. He greeting the kids and said Hello to Mia.