5

joshua and memmie arrived at the joseph residence later that night. all of their luggage was thrown in and settled into the guest room by around one am.

"i missed you girly." memmie smiled with tired eyes. it was true though. the girls were tired of facetime calls disrupting each other's sleep schedules from differing time zones.

"i missed you more." jenna smiled.

there was definitely a change in jenna's presentation. her body was definitely more toned from the last time she'd seen the couple, her voice was a bit raspy but that's what happens when you have no one to talk to for four weeks.

"where's tyler?" josh asked in between the smacks of him gum. jenna could only roll her eyes.

"the same place he's been the whole month." she pointed her manicured finger toward the door to the basement.

josh only nodded before taking off toward the white door.

he was afraid to see tyler as much as he didn't want to admit it. josh found his breaking point with his best friend after he was sent a wiki page about vultures at three in the morning.

josh tiptoed down the steps to the studio. the silence was eerily overwhelming, the darkness only added to the ominously empty feeling in josh's stomach.

he was relieved to see a few bright fluorescent lights painting beams across the room. against the darkness, stood out a bright yellow hoodie.

"hey, man." josh spoke nervously. he ran his hand over his newly shaved head. his yellow hair was quickly shaved by memmie after she noticed the damage on his hair.

tyler jolted at the sudden noise. and god, did he look rough. the bags under his eyes were presumably darker than the studio, his head was shoved in a hat but by the look of how his hair was sticking out, josh knew it'd been a while since his last haircut.

"when did you get here?" tyler asked much more defensively than he intended. josh furrowed his eyebrows.

"mems and i came as quick as we could after your wife called us sobbing, thinking that you were spiraling into insanity." josh's nose twitched as anger dusted over his other features.

silence overtook the room for a few moments. tyler never knew how to deal with being wrong so he just brushed it off.

"josh, i wanna show you something." he spoke quickly before turning back to his computer.

within moments, tyler was opening a document named 'TRENCH'. josh found himself rolling his eyes again, he couldn't help it.

the document was already over fifteen pages long. josh's jaw dropped as his hazel eyes widened.

"really, tyler?! jenna's been damn near alone for a month because you've wanted to write a story?! she's been crying her eyes out because of you! are you fucking blind?!" josh shouted at tyler.

tyler didn't flinch, he didn't even move. josh contemplates weather he was even breathing. his dead eyes just stayed on josh's.

"you don't understand. it's the album. this is where we are." tyler's voice rumbled as he pointed to some gibberish bullshit of a word. 'DEMA'.

josh couldn't find words to express his anger so he took to actions.

his large hand quickly met with the side of tyler's face. it didn't take long for the marking to turn red across tyler's cheek.

"tyler, i love you but i will beat you to fucking smithereens if you don't get your act together." josh snapped, giving him one last dirt look before heading back upstairs to jenna and memmie.

is it bad that tyler got inspired again?