17

jenna stared at the test with disbelief coating her saddened blue eyes. negative, again.

it felt like the couple had been trying forever. jenna sighed as she swung open the white bathroom door.

memmie sat on the edge of the silk white bedsheets with wide eyes. her excited demeanor made jenna feel even more guilty.

"don't get too excited." the blonde rolled her eyes, flinging the negative test into sight.

"hey, don't tear yourself apart over this." memmie's eyes softened. she threw her arm over jenna's shoulders the second the blonde sat down.

silence oxidized into the room, jennas head shoved into the crook of memmie's neck.

"maybe this is a sign that i should wait." jenna peeked up, the sight of her clear blue eyes took memmie aback. there was not a single tear in sight nor any signs of anxiety.

"what?" memmie continued weaving massages into jenna's blonde locks.

"the boys are coming back from the hiatus soon, we're going to europe to shoot music videos, tours so soon. maybe this is the universe reaching out to me." jenna shrugged.

"that's a good way to look at it." the brunette nodded. "god, you're so wise." memmie groaned, she buried her head into jenna's neck.

"that's just what happens when you marry the most poetic human on the face of the earth." she giggle, her eyes squinted as she gave a toothy grin.

memmie smiled, a sigh passed through her content lips. she couldn't be any more happy with where she was. it's crazy where you'd find yourself ten years from high school.

"how are you two by the way?" the brunette coiled a brown curl around her finger.

"it feels right again." jenna smiled with rosy cheeks. "it's not just 'let's yell at each other and then have rough makeup sex' anymore. i just can't help but adore him."

the brunette gave a soft clap as she congratulated jenna. life seemed so balanced again, everything just felt so in tune.

"i'm happy for us." memmie breathed in deep, releasing it with the ghost of a smile playing on her soft lips.

"i'm happy for us too, m."