22

today was the first day of the video shoot. every crew member sat on a bus, wrapped in bellows of warm clothing.

jenna's head laid in the crook of tyler's neck as she slept. when she woke up from last night, her head still pounded from her excessive crying.

he ran his calloused hands through her soft blonde hair, praying she wouldn't wake from the bumpy ride. he held her tight around the waist, keeping his body heat close to her.

"mems, please keep an good eye on her today while josh and i are out." tyler pleaded softly. memmie set a small hand on tyler's broad shoulder.

"tyler, she's my best friend. you know i wouldn't let her cause too much trouble." the golden skinned girl giggled past the sleepiness tucked in her throat.

she continued wrapping her hair into a top knot, leaving her curly bangs out. josh's head rested on her shoulder, he wasn't used to the time time change.

"i feel like we've been really distant lately." memmie admitted to tyler. the girl knew she came across strong and tyler knew he'd been caught up in wrong doing.

"yeah, i know. i'm sorry. you're my best friends wife and honest to god one of my best friends. i feel like every time we've talked lately, we've ended up at each other's necks. you know i have so much love for you." tyler spoke, his tired eyes focusing with a small smile drug out on his lips.

"no, you know it's hard for me to be understanding when i see the people i love getting hurt. it's like when i left, uh- back to mexico, i just cut off josh. do you know how bad that hurt? i'm just really bad at articulating feelings i guess. i can take the blame for this one. i'm a big girl." the girl shrugged, which was hard to see over the fabric she was drowning in.

tyler smiled as a small thank you. memmie smiled back before massaging her hand into the left side of josh's hip. he gave a soft moan as he nuzzled deeper into her chest.

tyler looked down to jenna. she looked exhausted. dark circles found a home underneath her eyes and her bottom lip was chewed raw from holding her tears back.

the brunette sighed, tracing his large finger over every freckle on her soft face. his hand traveled from her cheek to her jaw as he fell infatuated with her.

she grumbled, light eyebrows furrowing though her eyes stayed closed. he left a kiss on her beanie clad head before he left her alone.

the bus ride couldn't have passed by any slower. tyler knew that jenna would have loved it if she were awake, so he kept his camera app open just incase something really caught his eye.

he watched as the scenery passed him by. tall overgrown trees soon turned into snowy mountains and rolling hills. he shivered at the thought of being in the cold streams later.

life just seemed dull. here tyler was, with his best friend, ready to pursue one of the biggest projects they have ever tackled and he couldn't help but feel lost.

he knew it was about jenna. it was like the sun set and it refused to shine. there was no reason for anyone to feel guilty, sometimes this was just the way life went. and maybe this was just the calm before the storm.

"tyler. earth to tyler, are you listening to me?" josh poked at his shoulder. tyler nearly jumped out of his skin, as the last time he looked in that direction his best friend had been dead asleep.

"jeez, you okay?" josh asked, his beanie was pulled down so far down his forehead it met his eyebrows.

"yeah, i'm okay. just really deep in thought." tyler gave a small chuckle. josh nodded, looking behind him to make sure memmie was okay with gathering her belongings.

jenna squirmed, her eyes squinting at the bright sun of iceland. she groaned softly looking up to tyler's dark eyes.

"sleep well?" he asked softly, grazing his hand up her neck to cup her cheek.

"yeah. i feel a little better too." she gave a soft smile. she felt loved, since last night in memmie and josh's hotel room all the way up to now. life was slow and she was ready to accept that.

"good lord! brace yourself, it's fucking cold out there!" memmie shrieked, causing josh to bust into laughter.

life was slow, and that was okay.