13

josh sat down next to tyler in the dark studio. tyler was pulling things up on his computer with a lazy look in his face. he didn't think he'd gotten sleep since his fight with jenna.

that was last week.

"i-i don't know, man. i just don't want you to freak out." tyler rambled as his hand stopped fiddling with the white computer mouse.

"tyler, shut up. there's no reason for you to be afraid. and plus, this isn't a solo act. you need to open up!" josh threw his head in his hands.

tyler's eyes flickered from the computer screen to his best friend. there those same feelings came again. guilt, disappointment, fear. he was a wreck.

"it's called trench." he started. he watched josh slowly lift his head back up. his bellows of messy curls moving with him.

"it's a continuation of blurryface. and there's more underlaying meaning and there's characters and symbolism. it's stuff only the fans are gonna understand." tyler spoke with demure.

josh nodded, his face broke into a small smile. he was proud of tyler. things had been rough lately, and maybe this would be the start of something good.

the two sat in the studio for hours. josh was absolutely dumbfounded by the beauty that is his best friends mind.

"i have a few demos, if you wanna hear. it's just like a couple riffs and some vocals." his words seemed much more consciously, what josh was used to hearing.

"yeah, i'm sure they're great already." josh smiled, adjusting the curls under his grey beanie.

tyler clicked across a couple mp3's before opening one labeled "if you need anyone". it was tyler singing softly over deep bass cords. it was just a bridge but god, it was beautiful.

"it's missing a lot though. i know i want it to be the very start of the album but it needs something. i want it to come in harder than 'heavydirtysoul'." tyler's eyes went wide while josh nodded his head.

"but there's something else." tyler clicked around over the desktop until he got to another folder. this one was under 'smithereens'.

"it's for jenna." he smiled sadly. tyler has been a wreck lately, it's taken josh multiple coming overs, phone calls, and late lunches to try to lure tyler back to his sanity.

"wait, tyler. no. i'm not the one it's made for. show her." josh's eyebrows furrowed a sympathetic look toward tyler.

"dude, i don't know. she's been fucking pissed at me since last week." he shook his head as he closed the file.

"tyler, when memmie's mad at me, i talk to her. our fights last less than two days because we talk it out. you and jenna are so in love, i refuse to let you two stay mad forever. and i would hate for you two to do something stupid to your relationship. i want you guys to be the high school sweethearts that last." josh sighed.

"but every time we talk it ends in screaming. i just don't want to break her any more than i already have." tyler eyes went dark.

"you won't. take her out, tell her you love her, show her the song. i know it's hard to fix things like this but communication is key! make things okay for the sake of both of you." josh advised. tyler only nodded.

it was about time he made up for his lack of motivation, messy appearance, and even messier words.

"hey. thanks, josh. i really appreciate it." tyler tried his best to force a smile. josh nodded understandingly.

"no problem, ty. i'm gonna head out. go get your girl." he chuckled, his eyes squinting as his cheeks rose.

a new breath of fresh air washed through tyler. his eyes didn't feel as heavy and the weight off the world didn't feel like it sat on his shoulders anymore.

he was okay. everything was going to be okay.