16

jenna tied her hair back in a baby blue bandana. spring was beginning to bloom which meant ohio's bipolar weather.

she watched over the pot as her tea brewed. exhausted was an understatement. tyler had left from their shared bad at around half past two in the morning, the blonde wasn't able to fall back asleep.

she sighed as she took out some soy milk for her tea. tyler had been much better about keeping his distance lately. he'd become much more social, he was talking to friends and family again, and he even started putting jenna before his work, most of the time.

much to jenna's dismay, a sweet whistle had appeared into the kitchen. tyler stood in the room, his hair messy and dressed in a yellow sweatshirt and grey joggers.

"good morning, gorgeous." he practically waltzed his way through the room as he spoke.

jenna couldn't help but crack a soft smile. tyler had been awfully upbeat lately.

he swung around behind the blonde, undoing the knot in her blue bandana and taking it out of her hair.

he kissed alongside her right shoulder before putting a new bandana in her hair. this one was bright yellow. he smiled to himself as he watched her turn around.

her eyebrow was cocked in a questionable look. maybe tyler was going batshit again.

"um, what's going on?" jenna giggled, running her soft fingertips over the soft skin of tyler's freshly shaven face.

"i wanna show you something." his face beamed, jenna saw the same features she'd fallen in love with all those years ago.

she picked up her green tea before following tyler into the living room.

the brunette settled her down on the couch before he took to the grand piano to the side of the room.

his calloused hands traced over the keys, playing intervals of sweet notes.

"you know how much i love you." he spoke, hands still gracing the keys like heaven.

"i love you too." jenna smiled as she sat up upon the arm of the couch.

"i wrote this for you and i- uh- i want to put it on the album. you just mean so much to me and like, i don't want to sellout with another love song but i just couldn't stop thinking about you. your lips, and your voice, your body, i-i just can't help but be infatuated with you." he rambled.

jenna's cheeks flushed a tomato red. tyler still faced the piano.

he began singing. he called it 'smithereens'. a song about the night he got his ass kicked over defending her, how that creep could have taken down 153 pound tyler like a fly.

"for you, i would get beat to smithereens." he finished the song with a small smile on his face. jenna found herself in tears.

tyler just turned around and hugged her. her face in his chest, his arms wrapped so tightly she was sure she couldn't move.

"ty, i love you." she spoke softly, her throat choked with tears.

"i love you too."