14

tw: mild sexual assault and violence!! strap in y'all it's a long one.

tyler had somehow convinced jenna to go out with him. it took him 4 episodes of the bachelor, two bowls of homemade vanilla ice cream, and at least a half dozen chocolate chip cookies for him to work up the courage to ask her.

he had tried explaining himself about everything bombarding his mind though, jenna insisted he do it over dinner. tyler complied, not wanting to anger her any further.

he slithered through the long hallways of their home to their shared bedroom, which once again only had the pleasure of seeing jenna.

tyler admired the silky blue dress that met her mid thigh and the simple cream colored heels that made her legs look even more desirable.

tyler simply wore a black and white striped button up, tucked into a pair of black pants. his hair looked a little more kept than usual.

"you look gorgeous." tyler spoke with demure. jenna jumped a bit but softly smiled at the sight of her husband.

"thanks, ty. you look really good." she giggled. her blonde hollywood curls moved along with her.

unfortunately, the tension was still thick in between the two. voices so soft and compliments made them feel so giddy like they were back flirting in high school.

"are you ready." tyler asked, fluffing his hair a bit. jenna nodded, picking up her clutch and heading out to the car with tyler.

he shyly opened the car door for jenna. the garage was still cold as it filled with the frigid columbus air. the brunette made a note to grab a jacket, he new jenna would complain about the cold.

he was quick to crank the car heater as he began pulling out the little white porsche he bought jenna for her birthday two or so years back. he knew she wasn't one for material things but he'd do anything for his girl.

"tyler?" jenna tapped him a little bit, she's obviously called out for him a few times. he peeked up.

"sorry, i was thinking." he shook his head with a small smile.

"just asking where we were going." her eyes adverted nervously around tyler.

"it's a surprise, jen." he chuckled. he couldn't explain why he felt so giddy, so out of body. something about jenna made him feel alive. those sweet blue eyes continued to remind tyler why he chose to stick around.

it felt like it was a blink of an eye when tyler pulled in front of the restaurant. it was beautiful. sweet white fairy lights dangling and dancing around the exterior while nicely suited valet boys stood outside.

jenna's jaw dropped at the sight. though, tyler admired the way the twinkling lights made her cheekbones glow as well as it showcased every define detail across her face.

"ty, you shouldn't have. you know i would have totally been okay with waffle house." her voice was breathy as she smiled in tyler's direction. he swore he melted in that moment.

"you deserve this." he smiled, getting out of the car. he raced to open the passenger side for the blonde. she smiled as he held out his hand for her to grab.

tyler handed his keys to the valet boy before heading toward the doors of the restaurant.

upon walking in, tyler felt jenna's hand brush up on his. his blushing cheeks took it as a hint to intertwine his fingers with hers. jenna's soft warm skin electrified tyler to his core.

he snuck a few dreamy glances at the woman as her eyes took in every inch of the restaurant. she admired the modern theming as she melted under the feeling of tyler rubbing small circles into the back of her hand.