9

the couple took a seat on their shared bed. tyler closer to the door and jenna closer to the window.

the silk of their white sheets created goosebumps coating jenna's legs. she already felt tears rimming on her blue eyes.

this is the first time they've been in the same bed for a long, dragging month.

tyler looked down to his fiddling fingers.  he couldn't bare to look at the tears he caused, he hated seeing his girl sad and now it was his fault.

"what are we doing, tyler?" jenna mumbled, her voice strained and weak from holding back tears already.

"i want to explain myself. just know you have every right to be pissed off, i don't care. it's my fault anyway." tyler's eyes saddened.

"are you thinking about leaving me?" jenna interjected quickly. her voice cracked midway leaving her to sob.

"no, jenna. god, you know i couldn't bring myself to do that. you know how much i fucking care about you." the brunette looked devastated.

his eyes felt like they were sinking into the bags beneath them and his body felt far too weak to move.

"but why, tyler. what's going on?" she sniffled. she could feel how puffy and scratchy her eyes were.

"you ever feel so stuck you can't focus on anything else except one thing?" his brown eyes squinted as he explained this unexplainable feeling.

"you felt like this foreign dream even though i knew you were right there. i've been so deep into this stupid story and everything just feels so," tyler stopped to think. "i don't know. far? i guess?"

jenna nodded slowly, trying to understand her husband's mind.

"it's been hard jenna. i didn't think i was gonna make it last week." tyler shook his head a little.

"wait- what?" jenna was sobbing at this point. her nose was running and her hands were clammy.

"life felt impossible. i-i was so afraid of telling you cause i didn't want you to be upset." tyler weeped. he hated being vulnerable, especially in front of jenna.

"tyler, you don't need need to hide from me. we both know it's hard for me to understand you sometimes, but i love you to death." jenna gave a pathetic laugh through her ever-flowing tears.

"i love you too." tyler cried.

then there was silence. it was still tinged with uncomfort, that's just what happens when you've fought for nearly a month over stupid shit.

tyler scoot over toward the blonde. in one swift movement, he brought his hands up to her cheeks. his eyes met her lost, soft ones.

her one small nod gave him permission to her lips. and suddenly he was kissing all the problems away.

maybe things were going to be okay.