Chapter Nine

{weakness}

It had been a solid week since Taehyung begun to run his experiments, and a week since Vee had entered into their cottage. With nowhere else to stay, she'd been welcomed as the newest member of the squad, a much needed doctor. 

Tucking a loose strand of short black hair behind her ear, Vee stopped in front of Hoseok's room. Letting out a sigh, she straightened herself up as she rose a fist, knocking against the wooden door, "Hoseok?" she called out, "We kinda need you..." she finished, stepping back a little as the door handle began to jitter. 

The old wooden door swung open as Hoseok emerged from his bedroom, eyes falling to meet with the girl's smaller form. Noticing the girl's nervous stance, he gave a warm smile of reassurance, "Ahh... Vee right?" he cooed, leaning himself against the doorframe as he crossed his arms over his chest, "I don't think we've officially met." he stated. 

Rubbing a hand sheepishly against the back of her neck, Vee gave an awkward smile, "No, we haven't."

Shaking his hair from his eyes, Hoseok chuckled, "Yeah, sorry about that... I don't think I ever visited the medical bay whilst you were recovering..." he gestured towards her bandaged leg, "How're you holding up?" he asked with genuine sincerity. He noticed the way Vee was leaning slightly more on her right side, taking the pressure off of her left leg. 

"I'm healing." she spoke, the corner of her lip twitching up into a small smile, "You guys are very welcoming here, I'll be just fine." she reassured, raising her hand as she gave a thumbs up. 

Hoseok gave a nod in understanding before pulling himself away from the doorframe, shoving his hands inside the pockets of his tracksuit pants as he rose a brow, "So... what can I do for you?" he asked, curious as to why he was needed. 

Smile falling from her face, her gaze lowered to the floor, "It's kinda serious..." she murmured, causing Hoseok to stiffen at her expression. "You of all people should know the food supply has been running short this week," she gulped, raising her eyes to meet with Hoseok's, "We're on our final supplies, therefore," she gestured towards the orange haired male, "we need to take a trip all the way into town to gather supplies." she explained. 

Biting down on his lower lip, Hoseok ran a hand through his hair. He knew this was coming, that sooner or later his expertise would be needed once again. Over the past two weeks at the cottage, Hoseok had earnt a much needed break. With no where to travel, he'd been able to spend some time alone and collect his emotions, something he was grateful for. But now, he was needed again, needed to travel back out into the dangerous environment beyond the safety of the cottage walls. Shoulders dropping, Hoseok reluctantly nod his head, "Alright." he spoke up, causing Vee's expression to lighten up at the good news. "We'll need to gather everyone in the living room so we can discuss the best course of action."

----

The tattered blinds blew softly in the cool autumn breeze, channeling through the open window and into the living room where the nine squad members had gathered. The air was frisky and cold, a warning to the group of the approaching season of winter ahead. Stumbling into the room, Hoseok clutched a stack of papers tightly in his grasp, a pen balancing on-top as he made his way to the table, dumping the notes down with a drastic sigh. Sweeping his lengthy hair from his forehead, Hoseok took ahold of a few glass cups he'd brought into the living room, placing them down against the paper to ensure they didn't flutter around in the breeze. 

"What've you got there?" Tessa spoke up, leaning forwards in her chair as she scanned the paper scattered over the living room table. Some were covered in Hoseok's writing whilst other sheets remained blank.