Chapter Twelve

{cat and mouse}

Jin and Tessa both looked up in shock as they heard the gunshot, watching Taehyung's figure crumple and fall to the snow. The valley had fallen into silence once again, "Is that-" Jin couldn't finish his sentence, he'd seen Taehyung become hurt many times in the past, but this hit differently. 

Pulling herself away from the bonnet of the car she was just working on, Tessa clenched her fists by her side, knuckles going white as she trudged vengefully through the snow. Picking up her pace, the blonde haired female didn't care that Vee was still carrying a loaded gun as she pushed past Jungkook's frozen form, raising an arm and swinging her fist directly into Vee's jaw. 

"YOU TRAITOR!" Tessa screamed, grabbing a tight hold of Vee's collar as she swung another fist into the girl's face, breaking the girls lip and sending her to the floor. "What the fuck is your problem!?!" she exclaimed. 

Spitting out a mouthful of thick blood onto the snow, Vee chuckled, a low almost insane laugh through bloodstained teeth, "I had no choice," she grinned, wiping the blood from her lips, "you can't create the cure, I need to do it first." she spat. At those words, Tessa lost herself. With a cry, Tessa slammed a foot into Vee's stomach, kicking the girl with the top of her combat boot before jumping over her form. Straddled over the top of Vee, Tessa began to pummel the smaller girl, releasing her pent up anger with actions and not words. 

"You," she slapped Vee's cheek, "fucking," she punched the girl's nose, "bastard!" Tessa shout. She rose her fist, about to land another punch to the beaten girl until a pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around her slim waist, pulling Tessa off of Vee and into a strong chest. Tessa began kicking around, scratching at the male's arms as she begged for him to let her go and finish her off, but the male didn't loosen his hold. 

"Tessa," Namjoon spoke, voice calm but stern as he held her back against his chest, "Tessa, please. Fighting won't solve anything." he said, letting out a sigh as Tessa stopped her struggle, loosening herself up in Namjoon's hold. 

Letting her eyes fall over Vee's now unconscious form, Tessa knew it was best to stop. The girl was now as revolting as she should be, purple splotches and patches of blood covering her skin. The girl who had snaked her way into their squad and broke them from the inside was now laying in a puddle of her own pitiful blood. 

Behind them, Jungkook was still at a loss for words. The brunette felt a layer of tears gloss over his eyes as emotional pain flowed out of him, from his mouth came a choked sob as he stumbled through the thick snow to Taehyung's side. 

"Tae-e?" Jungkook stuttered, falling to his knees beside the male's unconscious form. Jungkook placed a hand underneath Taehyung, taking the male carefully into his arms. With his spare hand, Jungkook brushed the male's hair from his eyes. Blood was trickling from Taehyung's lips, his usual honey skin now ashen and cold. 

A single tear trailed down Jungkook's cheek, down to his lips and past his chin, "JIN!" Jungkook called out in desperation, feeling Taehyung's blood beginning to soak into his own clothes as he held the male tightly to his chest, "HE'S LOOSING BLOOD!"

As quickly as humanly possible, Jin stumbled through the snow, cold prickling at his skin as he reached Taehyung's side. His expression fell into something unreadable as his gaze fell over Taehyung's torso, blood soaked and smeared over the ground like a horror movie. "He needs a blood transfusion, and fast..." Jin spoke up, trying to keep himself calm in the situation. He turned towards Jungkook, "Bring him inside."

-------

Jungkook sat by Taehyung's side. The male was hooked up to their only IV machine, taking in fluids as he lay unconsciously in bed. His eyes were closed and his breathing was shallow, an almost peaceful site as Jungkook's eyes remained fixed on the male's form.