Chapter Twenty-Two

{race against alpha} 

Hooves trudging through thick snow, the great stallions moved through the haze of the storm, keeping the squad members above ground. The journey was rough and cold as the members rode sluggishly swaying left and right so to almost fall off their horses. They were hardly able to keep their eyes open and every so often would close them, until a more vigorous breeze would rouse them suddenly. 

They were head to toe in thick winter wear pulled straight from the shop in town, but never the less the pain throbbed and at the same time numbed their limbs. Tightening his hold on the horse, Hoseok felt as if there were icicles in his hands and feet, piercing deeper with even the slightest of wind. His lashes and hair had been covered in speckles of snow, a result of the thick winds they were trudging through. Hoseok had to squint his eyes, raising a hand to shield his face at the blizzard shrouding their clear view, a blanket of white almost throwing them off trail completely. 

Riding on the horse beside him, Jin lowered his head as he took on the wall of white wind, "Are you sure we're heading the right way!?" he exclaimed, making his voice heard over the raging weather. 

Sucking in a breath, Hoseok replied, "Yes!" he called back, bringing his body down closer to his horse for warmth, "The silhouettes of trees look familiar!" he finished, watching the changes of the landscape cautiously. One wrong move and they could not only loose themselves, but also their missing squad members. 

Although the blizzard did keep them more awakened and less fatigued throughout their journey, they still decided this was their worst journey yet. Around them was nothing but a vast and thick blanket of hoary-white snow outspread for miles, all accompanied by a swirling white wind taking their vision from them. 

Riding closely behind, Jimin called out his concern, "This blizzard better clear out soon! They have a good reason to keep Taehyung and Jungkook alive, but non for Yoongi." he finished, words trailing off into something almost inaudible as he realised how dire the situation really was. 

Hearing the male's concern, Jin spoke up, "If it came down to life and death, Taehyung wouldn't hesitate to hand over the cure." he began to reassure, "He may seem cold on the outside, but he's a truely good guy." Jin explained, recalling how Taehyung had warned Yoongi, his sworn enemy to seek safety on day zero, or when he saved Jungkook from both rebels and an entire horde. When it came down to it, Taehyung actually showed concern, just not in the same way others did. 

"But there's a slight problem!" Hoseok called to the squad, eyes still squinted as his orange locks tangled and tousled in the harsh winds, "We haven't even begun testing the cure on me yet." he gulped, 

"So we don't even know if it works."

------------------------------------

{Author Note}

Ooooooo, what do you all think might come of this?

... no need to wait for long, double update special xox

(unedited)