Chapter 1

It was finally my first last day of school. I was finally a senior in High School, and I was ready for it to be other and it hadn't even begun yet. It was already six sixteen in the morning and I was in the bathroom getting ready. 

You have to look good on your first day of school, I thought to myself. I instantly slapped myself in the face after thinking, followed by thinking wow dude that sounded super gay of you. I was only in a towel at the moment looking in the mirror brushing my teeth. 

When I finished brushing my teeth I smiled wide to look at how good of a job I did. I took my towel off my waist and finished patting myself dry followed by putting on my sky blue Calvin Klein underwear, my faded skinny jeans, with my red and black tank top. I grabbed my deodorant sliding it down my armpit so slowly. After making my armpits stink free I sprayed some hairspray in my hand so I could dab it through my hair and to do my usual hairdo. I washed my hands and got my cologne out. That cologne was the most expensive thing I have ever bought that wasn't a phone. It was seventy three dollars, but oh my sweet Jesus, the smell was pure heaven. I sprayed it so much I started to chock on it. 

I started putting my socks and shoes on so I could head downstairs and kiss my lovely parents goodbye. When I say lovely I mean torturous. They nonstopped talked to me. Not only nonstopped talked it was like they had to throw a thousand words out at a time, not even pertaining to the original subject. It's like they were the people who did auctions. I started to think of my parents rambling really fast good 'Two hundred? Can I hear a three hundred? What about a four hundred. A thousand? That's right I heard a thousand. Going once, twice, sold to the man in navy blue jeans with the little yellow shirt on.' I giggled after that thought. 

I inched closer to the bottom on the steps, not even inches snailed to the bottom of the steps hoping my bro Ian would be here to pick me. Ian was my best friend in the whole world. I had plenty of best friends, but Ian he was my favorite. We had known each other since kindergarten. I stuck glue in his perfectly light brown hair and ever since then we were two peas in a pod. 

I tried walking as slow as I could, but before I knew I was in the door frame of the kitchen. My parents were sitting at the table eating their breakfast with my younger brother Lucas. 

"Good morning sweaty" My mom chirped at me with a smile on her face. 

"Morning Mom." I blatantly said back at her. I walked over and sat grabbing a cup of orange juice. 

"Are you excited for today son?" My Dad asked not looking up from his paper. 

"Of course I am." I lied. 

"Did you turn your papers in for football?" He asked me. 

"Last week." 

"What about for track?" 

"Last week once again." 

"And art club, BETA Club?" 

"Got those in Friday." 

"Honor Society Papers?" 

"Those are due today, Dad." 

"Oh Pete, quit harassing him. He always turns them in except that one day." My mom said smiling like an idiot at me. 

"I was a freshman then." I sighed. 

"Yeah, I just want to make sure you are taking the adult route to this Landen." My Dad coughed before putting the paper down beside his plate. 

I heard a honk from outside. "Oh that's for me." I said disappearing from my seat like a lightning bolt, kissing my mom on the cheek. "Hope you enjoy first grade Lucas." I yelled slamming the door shut.