Chapter 16

Christmas was over and New Years was right around the corner. On New Years Eve, Joey's parents always went to New York to celebrate so he had the resort house to himself, which meant a party. The resort house was in the middle of the nowhere, but had lots of houses that were fancy around it. This wasn't his usual High School party though. He's have college students there, classmates, and people who just like to party. It was probably his most insane party. That would also mean he needs more booze, better music, and all sorts of things to make this an awesome party.

The day before New Years Joey wanted Laura, Isabella, Brett, and I to come over and help decorate. I wasn't sure if Joey was catching on to Brett and I dating or if he thought we were just really good friends. I would eventually tell him. Yes he's bi, but Joey was a pretty unpredicable person.

Today he had his connection, and when I say connection the guy who buys his alcohol get the strong stuff. None of us ever met his connection, or knew anything about him except he was his connection. He made sure he bought everything that was surely going to get people messed up tomorrow night.

The nexy day we all finished setting everything up, all go showers and dressed, then waited for the party to began, and oh when it began it was crazy. The house was packed with all sorts of people. Music was blaring, the tv was set on for the ball to drop, but was on mute. The music was up to the loudest it could go, then it also had the surround sound system, and a bass system. I mean you could stand outside and down the block and still hear this party. It was the best night for it because no one would call the cops.

I decided not to drink just in case I had to take Brett home. Brett was sipping away on everything. Every single time I saw him he had a different colored cup in his hand with a different type of liquid in it.

There was a bunch of college students sitting around a table playing a card game. "Can I join?" I asked them.

"Hell yeah." They cheered.

"I can't drink though. I'm a driver tonight."

They all booed me, but still let me play in on the game, allowing me to only drink pop. I was drastically losing this game. If I was actually drinking I would done be drunk. Brett walked up to me and sat down on the arm rest next to me.

"Come with me." He insisted.

I looked at him with a concerned face. Are you okay?" I asked him.

"I am so totally better fine." His words slurred around in his mouth.

"Well I'm a little busy right now." I told him.

He huffed, got off the arm rest and walked away from me. I just shrugged it off and continued playing the game. By round four I started picking up in the game and winning. I started taking the least drinks, but I'm sure because they were just getting even more drunk than they were. Brett cam back to me a little bit later.

He bent down towards my ear. "I needs you to like come with me to a place of unknown." He slurred his words even worse.

"Brett, I'm in the middle of playing a game, plus I'm winning the game." I cheered.

He grunted and rolled his eyes at me. He walked away, stumbling over everything in his way.

By round number six everybody had given up on the game. They were all pretty sure if they kept playing they'd be trashed, like they weren't already. I threw my cards down on the table and gout out of the chair. I stretched my arms, legs, and back. I had been sitting there forever and I stiffened up. I started walking around, looking for Brett and I couldn't find him anywhere.

I began to get really worried thinking that he left the party and drove home. I went up to Ian, who at this moment was on a table dancing with Isabella. "Ian." I yelled up at him.

He continued to dance. I smacked his leg really hard, making my hand sting. "Ian." I yelled again.

He looked down at me. "What?" He yelled at me half sluring the sentence. I signaled my finger for him to come down to me. He jumped off the table, stumbling backwards. I hurried up and caught him before he fell.

"What's wrong?" He leaned back.

"Have you seen Brett anywhere?" I asked him.

He shook his head no. I rolled my eyes and started walking away from him. "Wait." He yelled at me.

I turned back around and faced him. "He went into a bedroom I think the last time I saw him." Ian smiled before getting back on the table.

I did not like being around drunk people when I was sober. They were actually really annoying. I walked upstairs and started looking in each room for Brett. Each was room empty until I got to the last room. I opened the door and saw Brett sitting up on the bed, but he wasn't sitting up like you usually would just sit up in the bed.

Brett looked like he was on top of a person. I inched myself further into the room, and surely underneath of Brett was a college kid I saw earlier the night, and there lips were locked to each other's.

"What the hell is this?" I yelled.

Brett and the man jumped. Brett looked at me one eye fully opened and the other half way closed. "Oh hello there." He slurred.

"Oh hey." I sarcastically said.

"What are you doing?" He dozed.

"Oh I'm wondering why my boyfriend is straddling someone ele's hips and locking lips with them." I hissed at him.

"It's not what it looks like man." The college man interrupted.

"Don't" I said cutting him off. "Because it's exactly what it looks like. It looks like my boyfriend was just cheating on me with you." I started getting chocked up with tears.

"If you wouldn't have ignored me, this wouldn't have happened." Brett stumbled to his feet.

"If I wouldn't have ignored you? I told you I was busy. That doesn't make this right. Not at all." I started to cry.

"I think we need a break babe." Brett fell backwards, and I didn't even lunge to catch him.

"You think we need a beak? No I think we are over for good." I cried loudly to him, leaving to room and slamming the door with it. I started to rush downstairs, rushing past people, bumping into them, spilling their drinks. I rushed past Joey, tears were streaming down my face and I was sobbing.

"Hey, man, what's wrong?" Joey yelled out to me.

I ignored him though and ran out of the house, slamming the front door closed. I found my fathers car and jumped in it. I started the engine, roared it real quick, backed up, and drove off. I started driving down the roads going eighty miles per hour.

I didn't care what the speed limit was I was sad, angry, and stressed all at once. I started hitting the steering wheel. "Why? Why? Why?" I yelled cursing at the steering wheel, like it was the one who hurt me.

The yellow line in the center of the road started disappearing gradually to no line at all. The car starts jerking all around from the snow on the ground. I pressed down on the break as fast as I could, creating a jerking stop.

I laid my head down on the steering wheel and started letting out loud sobs. "Why Brett? Why?" I yelled as I sobbed. I felt the necklace hit my collar bone. I sat back up and pulled the necklace that Brett gave me out from under my shirt. I just stared at it and sobbed even louder.

What could have possibly happened, just a couple days ago, Brett and I were perfectly fine and in love, and now I'm sitting in this car heartbroken. I dropped the necklace back into my shirt, put the car back into drive, then suddenly all I remember was the car sliding, going out of control, crashing through a car rail, the car flopping down a hill, the horn going off, and a loud crash against a tree.

OMG!!!!!!!! How did the make you feel? What is going to happen? Come on I need some thoughts, opinions, etc. They do help me think of more stuff!