Chapter 21

The sound of the clock ticking on was echoing throughout the room. Everybody was twirling their pencils around, twiddling their thumbs, talking, or laying there head out. That loud screech from the intercom roared on, making every student jump from the horrifying sound.

"Hello students." April's voice roared over the intercom happily. "I am pleased to say today is your last day before spring break. I'm just here to say Have a fun week off, and be safe."

The bell rang cutting her off without a care. Evey student started running for the door. This was going to be an awesome Spring Break. Joey's grandmother owned a beach house down in Miami, so we all agreed to go down there and through a Spring Bash.

To my surprise my parents were going to let me drive down there in their car. I was sure after New Years they would never let me drive their car again. I was happy, because Monday marked the day everything was healed. All my casts were off, ribs and lungs up to the maximum at it, and my scars were gone.

"Okay so we got the car plan down right?" I asked my group of friends.

"Yeah, it's going to be Brett, Ian, Isabella, and you in one car. Laura and I in the other." Joey reassured us.

"Okay, are we all ready?" Laura asked us.

We all nodded in approval. We each grabbed our over packed suitcases and fleed for the car. My car took forever putting stuff in the trunk, since you know there were four of us, and only two of them.

Being on the road had that sense of freedom like no other. Having the windows open and the window blowing your back, music blaring down the highway, everybody yelling, laughing, looking at all the stops we couldn've made on our way there.

Isabella would see something she wanted to stop and explore, but I shut her down. Joey was speeding down the highway, and would be there in no time. On the other hand I was taking my good old time. I wouldn't admit it out loud, but I was terrified to be behind the wheel of a car. Not only that, this was my first time back behind the wheel since that night. I controlled it very well, because no one expected a thing. Deep down inside I was screaming.

The way I was driving we would make it there by ten at night. That wasn't that bad for the time we left, now if he stopped for all of Isabella's little tours we probably would have gotten there by tomorrow.

The sun started to go down, meaning our windows went up. It might be spring, and down South might be warm, but going seventy miles per hour down a highway at night, yeah it's just a little chilly.

"Are we almost there?" Isabella sighed.

"Yeah babe, how much longer?" Brett tiredly asked.

"We will be there in the next forty-five minutes. I know you are all cramped, and want to spread you legs. I've been in the same position this whole time and my ass hurts. You guys will live trust me." I laughed at them.

It was true, at least they could move around and sit more comfortably. I'm behind the wheel, and really can only sit one way. It also could have been there fear of moving around. I didn't want to suddenly wake up again one day and be back in the hospital in the same condition, or even worse.

It fell silent in the car. I glanced in the head view mirror at Ian and Isabella holding hands, heads pushed against each other sleeping. It made me smile. Who would have ever thought that those two would end up together, and they looked so perfect together. I don't think I had ever seen Ian more happy with a girl.

I felt a warm touch on my thigh, sending shivers up my spine and making me jump. "You scared me." I breathed hardly at Brett. I slightly looked at him out the side of my eye, making sure to keep on the road at all times. I smiled a tad.