Chapter 17

I heard faint voices, but I could make out what exactly they were saying. I started opening my eyes slowly, letting the light shin into them. It was so bright I squinted them.

"Where am I?" I drowsily asked.

"Oh my baby." My mom cried as she ran over to me.

"What's going on?" I tried to move, but I was in so much pain.

"Oh honey, don't move yet. Just relax." My mother calmly cried to me.

I heard footsteps walk into the room.

"Will you leave him alone? He will wake up soon." My father weakly said.

"He is awake." My mother cried joys of tears.

My fathers steps ran over to me and saw my eyes partly open. "My son, he's awake." I could hear the tears come from him, he was no longer weak, but happy. 

"I here he's up." A unfamiliar voice called out. 

"Huh, yes doctor." My father talked.

"Why is there a doctor here?" I was so confused, I didn't know what was going on.

"Okay let me check his vitals." The doctor stammerd into the room. He chekced my eyes, heart rate, my pulse, and anything else you could think of. He finally sat me up, and I fully adjusted my eyes. I was in a hospital room, with flowers, cards, and all sorts of presents around.

"Why am I in the hospital?" I weakly asked.

"You don't remember do you?" My mother asked.

"Tell him." Lucas ordered.

"You were driving in the snow, and it seemed like you lost control of the wheel, and went over a hill and crashed the car." My father blurted out before my mother could.

"At least I wasn't out for awhile. What time is it?" I asked weakly.

My father looked at his watch. "Twenty-one past noon."

"How was the party last night?" I asked my parents.

"What party honey?" My mother asked.

"The New Years party you guys were at." I started coughing, each cough hurting my ribs and lungs even more.

"Honey that was almost a month ago." My mother told me.

"What?" I tired sounding surprised, but my pain kept it back.

"You've been in a coma for three in a half weeks bro." My brother said, not trying to look at me.

"What else is wrong with me?" I asked them.

"Besides the coma, you have a broken arm and leg, your ribs are severely bruised, you punctured a small part of your lung, and you have a couple small stitches on your face" My mother said rubbing my hand.

"I'll be fine, and everything will go back to normal right?" I swallowed the tears I started feeling.

"Of course son. They partly fixed the lung, it has to heal with time along with everything that is broken. The doctor gave us a cream to get rid of your scars on your face after the stitches are out, and well you have woken up from the coma, so we are making progress." My father stated.

"And where are my friends?" I asked.

"At school. They have come over everyday to check on you." My brother growled. It made me laugh, but it hurt to laugh.

"I think we are going to give you a couple days before seeing them." My mother suggested.

"No." I started to cough again, this time holding my ribs with my good hand. "I want to talk to them today." I demanded.