Chapter 7

I got home and I just didn't know what to do. I didn't want to be around my parents, I felt to worried to sleep, I didn't want to sit online. I just wanted to cry, cry, and cry some more. I went to my bathroom, turned my shower on to the hottest it could possibly go, turned the cold water up a little bit, not to burn my skin, and slowly took off all my clothes. 

By the time all of my clothes were off, the bathroom was all steamed up. You could only see right in front of your face, and no farther. I got in the shower, sat down, and let the warm water wash over me. Washing away the tears as the flooded out of my eyes, the dirt, but the only thing it this water couldn't wash away is my pain. 

I sobbed like a child the whole time in the shower. I was wondering how I could have possibly been so stupid, and I was. What was I thinking that the guy I liked and wanted would ever like me back? That are perfect fit puzzle piece lips were meant to touch each other, or that are hands and fingers were supposed to intertwine with each other, or that I could to be with the person I wanted to so badly. 

I know really deep down inside I was overreacting about the whole situation, because most people would say you know nothing about this guy, and what you do know is not enough to make you love him. But there's the thing, this was a unique love that wasn't like any other. It was a love at first sight, I knew when I saw him that I wanted him, and I knew if I got him that it would be an Everlasting love. I couldn't be upset with him, I mean he was right, people did stupid stuff when they're drunk, so I realized not to be mad at him the I saw him the next day. 

My next day started off like any other. Wake up, do my normal beauty stuff, which I only half did it this morning. My hair wasn't as nice as it always was, I picked sweatpants, and a long sleeve shirt, and half brushed my teeth. I didn't have the energy to do it, I still felt too weak. Thank god Ian arrived sooner than usual so my parents couldn't protest. Ian on the whole way to school tried getting me to talk, but I just brushed him off, and I ignored everyone, including Brett in English. I didn't talk to anybody in any other classes, and then lunch strolled around. 

We were all sitting at our table, eating, talking, well they were talking. I just sat there listened, and glanced around the cafeteria. Then I caught a glance of what was Brett walking through the cafeteria doors. As soon as I saw him I immediatly looked away from him, but my head shot back at the sight I didn't want to see at all. Brett and April were holding hands, smiling at each other, laughing giggling, being a perfect pair. 

I felt like death itself came when I saw this and drained all the color, and my remaining energy from my body. I felt the only color I really had to my whole body was in my cheeks, and it was from embarassment or blushing, it was from pure anger. 

They reached April's table where I suppose Brett was sitting at too now. He grabbed her chair and pulled it our for while she sat down smiling at him. He pushed the chair in and sat down beside her. 

I rolled my eyes and let out a big huff. I pushed my chair out from underneath of me angrily and left the cafeteria and hurry. I saw all of my friends look up at me as I did this. I didn't want to sit there and watch that. I just wanted to be alone, by myself, no students, teachers, friends, Brett, or April. Just me. I ran to the bathroom and locked myself in one of the stalls and sat down on the toilet. I felt warmth run down my face, and I automatically knew I was crying. No matter what I thought either I couldn't stop.  

When the bell rang to go back to class I went to the office and faked sick. They dialed my parents and handed me the phone. 

"Hello?" My mom answered the phone cheerfully. 

"Mom, it's Landen, I don't feel good could I come home?" I asked in a horse voice. 

"Of course honey. Hand the phone to the secretary." She sadly said. 

I handed the phone to the secretary, watching her as she talked to my mother. I had to keep looking around the room because I felt so weird just standing there watching her talk to my mother. She hung the phone up and smiled at me with a big grin. 

"Alright honey, just sign your name and the time. Then you can leave." She said in a approving tone. 

I signed my name and the time and started to walk away. 

"Hope you feel better." She gladly sang. 

"Thanks" I dryly answered. 

I got home fifteen minutes later and ran up to my room. I got into my bedroom and closed the door shut, and locked it. I never locked it, but today I just felt like I had. I laid down on my bed, and stared up at the ceilings. The tears just stared pouring like a waterfall. I couldn't manage any of this. 

I tried not not be loud while crying, I didn't want my mother coming up and trying to interogate me. I heard a faint knock on the door. I wasn't sure if it was actually there, or if I just heard a noise so I didn't answer. I turned over on my facing my wall, just staring at the wall without any emotion at all. A second later the knock came again. 

"Yes?" I called out trying to sound like I wasn't balling my eyes out. 

"Honey, why's the door locked?" My mother chimed. 

"Because I just want to be sick and alone I guess." 

"Oh, well you have a visitor downstairs. You want to be seen." 

I let out a cough like I was sick. "Send them upstairs." 

"Will do." 

I got up off the bed and unlocked the door so the person could walk in. I laid back down on the bed and faced the wall again as if I never moved from the bed. A knock came from the door again. 

"Come in." I yelled.