Chapter 13

That night was the first night Brett stayed the night at my house. It was a great night. Brett and I went downstairs, played a couple games with my parents and Lucas. We all watched a movie together. It couldn't have been better. It was the first night in awhile I actually didn't want to run away from my parents.

After all the fun downstairs we headed our way towards my bedroom. We closed the door and sprawled out on my bed. "That actually felt really good." I casually said.

"What was?" Brett asked me.

"Well." I sighed. "You know." I looked at him. "Being able to do all that in front of my parents. It was just a nice evening." I finished not trying to sound like he was right. 

He smiled at me. "I told you we should do it."

"I know, I was just scared tho."

"Of what?"

"Rejection. My parents hating me. I guess it's hard to explain." I put my face deep down in a pillow.

I felt Brett roll over on his side. He placed his silky soft hand on my arm. He did a circular motion. He wasn't doing it roughly, it was lightly, so light that it send shivers up my spin and made my hair stand up on the back of my neck. I could feel all my tiny hair's standing up and the goosebumps started rising out of my skin.

"Your parents are to kind of people to cast you away. They love you."

I peeked my head and looked over at him.

"Like I love you." He planted a small kiss on my nose then laid down. I put my head back down in the pillow only to wake up to the sun shining in on me. I opened my eyes and I fastly closed them. The sun was either really bright today, or my needed to open my eyes somewhere dimmer and work my way out of the darkness.

I opened my eyes, starting to blink them every couple of seconds and until my eyes adjusted. I turned my head to the side. Brett was still sleeping. I could help to watch. This was the first time I had woken up before him. He looked so gorgeous sleeping. Looking at him like that made me feel that there wasn't a worry in the world.

His mouth was open, he was taking in tiny breaths, his hair was all over the place. Some of it was down in his face, pushing back. or mangled apart. He had one hand placed under his face and another under his body. He looked perfect to me.

While I was thinking to myself I hadn't realized Brett opened his eyes and was looking at me. "What you thinking about in there?" He asked me.

I smiled at me. "Oh I was just thinking about you, and how beautiful you looked sleeping."

"You look like a slob when you sleep." He made a goofy face at me.

I gasped in a liot of air making a surprising noise.

He laughed loudly. "I'm joking, you look just like the guy I want to be with when you're sleeping and awake." He said kissing me on the cheek. After that he got off the bed, and walked steadily over to the bathroom.

After that we were back in school operating on our normal schedules. Tuesday after school, Brett invited me over to his house. I met up with him at the end of the day. We went to his car and drove off to his house. We sat there for a few, watched a movie and took a nap. After that he started making us dinner.

In the middle of us eating my phone starts going off. I ignore the ringing because I don't want to be rude. Whoever it was can wait until later when I'm not longer with Brett. My phone stopped ringing and we continued eating our meal for a whole five seconds before my ring tone filled the room with sound again.