Epilogue

Now guys, the epilogue is set 15 years into the future. So enjoy!!!!! :D

The fire was burning in front of us as we laid down on the soft crumbling dirt. I looked up at his face, he looked happy. Brett never looked sad in the relationship ever again once we made the promise to each other. He looked at it as a person who was miracle and didn't want to ruin it.

"Did you have fun today?" He mumbled out, making me jump.

"Oh huh, yes of course I did. Having both our families here, and the old clique, very enjoyable." I kept a straight face. Let's face it when families, that are really close, come over it's loud, along with really good friends of yours, it's an even more loud.

"That's good. I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves this year." He sighed in relief.

Suddenly the sound of loud footsteps cam rushing down the steps like a horde of cattle. "Blake do you have to sound like Africa coming down the steps?" Brett jokingly teased.

Blake swooshed his brown shaggy skater hair to the side and giving us a smile. "Sorry, I was in a hurry to ask you guys a question." The words ran out of his mouth.

"Calm down there Gina." I laughed.

"What's this question?" Brett asked hesitantly.

"Can one of you teach me how to drive? I got my permit today, and I need to learn." Blake puppy dog eyed us.

"Papa should be able to take you Blake. I work a little too much too" Brett suggested.

I threw Brett a angered look. "Honey please go to your room for a moment." I gently told Blake.

He snapped his fingers at us, and ran back up the steps. I waited till I heard the door close because I shot up off that couch.

"Me, take him driving?" I calmly yelled at him.

"Why not?" Brett annoyingly asked me.

"I only drive once a couple years to keep my drivers license." I hissed.

"Oh so you do have one of those?" Brett laughed.

"One of what?" I avoided eye contact.

"A drivers license?" He joked.

I pushed my middle out at him. You're just so funny." I mimicked him.

"Look, if you teach him he'll know to be careful. Trust me, you can do this babe. I trust you."

And so I did. The next day, Blake and I, sat in my car, which one gets drove when I have my drivers test. I kept rubbing my knees, up to my thighs, I was shaking both my knees, and constantly swallowing saliva.

"Dad are you okay?" Blake asked me worriedly.

"Oh I'm fine, I'm just fine." I breathed in heavily, and exhaled softly.

"Are you afraid of driving, or cars?" He asked me.

"Of course I do honey." I tried laughing it off.

"Why?"

"Honey it was a long time ago, and it's stuck with me forever. Plus it's a mushy love story of the moose upstairs and me." I relaxed a little.

Blake turned the engine off. "Tell me this story, we have all the time in the world." He smiled at me, making himself comfortable in the car seat.

I looked at my son, who I loved more than any in this world, even more than Brett. I had raised such a fine young man. I smiled at him. "Really?"

He let out a lough. "Really papa." He urged me.

"It was finally my first last day of school. I was finally a senior in High School, and I was ready for it to be over and it hadn't even begun yet." I started the story.

Sorry it wasn't huge, and it took forever. I had a different epilogue at first, but I wanted a new one and it took me forever to come up with just this lol. Thanks for reading. I hope you all enjoyed the story.