Chapter 18

I had been locked up in this hospital for over a week, if you count the amount of time I was in a coma it's been over a month. I wish they would just let me out. I'm tired of just sitting in this bed, I want to lay in my own bed, go to school, feel free. Jeez why can't they just let me out, but it's because I'm still partly in critical condition. I don't care what I'm in, they're holding me against my own wishes. I just feel so flustered.

After school all of my friends came over to the hospital to see me. I've seen them everyday since I have woken up, I've got to see my parents during the day time, and I haven't seen my brother. "How's it going man?" Ian asked cheerfully.

"It's going, I love being a prisoner here." I jokingly stated.

"There only doing it for your own good Lan." Laura glared at me with the eyes that say I'm right, you're wrong.

"How's school going?" I asked them curiously. I felt so out of the loop of things.

"Well everyone knows you're awake. They can't wait for your appearance back in the building, and the teachers miss you too." Ian chuckled.

"Glad to know I'm missed by a bunch of people who don't know me." I blatantly stated. I don't know what was wrong with me, but I feel I went from a person who was understanding, to a person who felt like they didn't care about anything anymore. I felt that coma, that night, the experience, everything thus far had changed me, and I wsn't the only one who realized it.

"What's been up your ass?" Laura belched at me.

I snapped my head at her. "Laura now is not the time to ask question, you don't fully understand the answers to." I coldly hissed at her.

"Make me understand then. I'm tired of you sounding like such a prick." She hisses back at.

"Hey guys, stop it." Joey intervened.

"Sit down." I snapped at him. The way I said it, and the look I gave him, shot him down in his seat.

"You don't understand Laura, you probably never will. I just had my heart ripped from body, stomped one right in front of me, cut into little pieces, then put back in me and is expected to work." I growled. "Do you guys expect for me to just walk away from this accident not a changed person? Like nothing bad happened? Things like that change you. It changed me." I looked at all of them rudely. "I'm tired of people feeling bad for me."

"We don't." Joey went to say.

I interrupted him, shooting him a look. "If you don't feel bad, then quit pushing Brett away from me like you have. You don't think I don't hear you telling him to leave my room every time he comes around and I'm sleeping, bathing, peeing? I hear it all and I listen." I growled at him with a fierce tone.

All of them seemed to stiffen up. "Stop it. I want, no I need to talk to him. It's not in your guy's hands to keep pushing him off or what be it. Let me deal with it." I sighed as I felt I got a hundred things off my chest. I pushed m head back up and looked at all of them. "I just want all of you to leave for right now. I want to be alone." I pushed my head back down.

I heard all of them get up. "Hope you feel better, bro." Ian sounded concerned. As all of them walked out of the door, I got up and closed it, not wanting to be disturbed. I walked back over to my bed and sat down. I laid back, adjusting myself to be comfortable. I picked my necklace off my chest. I stared into it for god knows how long.

At some point I must have dozed of into a nap, because I was awoken from loud knocks on my door. "Hold on." I yelled in pain as I got up. I walked over to the door, grabbed the long silver handle and opened the door.

Brett was standing there, slumping and not even standing tall. "Oh you." I sneered at him, walking back to my bed. He followed me into the room.

"We need to talk." He suggested.

"Oh, now you want to talk." I sarcastically laughed. "I know last time I wanted to talk you just wanted to fall over the place, and act like you were a damn god." I spit at him.

I saw him flinch from the hurt my words brought. "I was drunk." He achingly stated.

"No excuses with me. Drunk or not. You should've known what you were doing, plus it seemed like you knew what you were doing. I mean it's m fault you cheated right?" I asked sarcastically.

"N--"

"I mean I didn't acknowledge you at a certain time because I was busy so you know more justice to you."

"Landen, please." Brett cried.

"Brett, I don't care to hear it."

He looked at me for a minute, his eyes wondering over my whole body. He looked guilty for the way I was, and he should have.

"You still have the necklace." He cheered up a bit.

"Don't make that a happy thing, I'm keeping it to remember when you weren't a cheat, and the person who hurt, you know the time you actually loved me." I laughed at his happiness.

"I do love you." He argued.

"Brett, we are done, over, Landen and Brett are no more. I'm breaking up with you." I snapped at him.

"But."

You wanted your break, and now you have it. Now get out of my room." I felt so rude and mean, but I couldn't help it, that's all I felt in my heart. Brett got up and slowly walked out of my room. Every couple of steps, he looked like he was going to turn back and say something to me, but he never did. He closed the door behind him. I stared up at the wall and felt remorse, but accomplished all at once. It was a strange feeling.

Woah, Landen totally snapped here. What do you think of his new personality? Bad or good thing?