solo 🖤

Promotions for the group had ended faster than what Jennie expected and was headed for a new chapter in her life. After careful consideration and different meetings with the head of the company, Jennie had been given her first solo project.

She was excited, but at the same time her head was still trying to recover from what happened last time. According to her manager, she needed to board a flight to head back to South Korea as soon as possible.

Jennie was mentally drained since all she focused on was her pitiful rejection and insecurities. Even though she was exhausted the year was almost ending and their fans wanted new music and she wanted to give them such content to make them happy. She knew it was the agency's fault for leaving them in the dark, but they couldn't do anything about it.

She sighed and entered the cold vehicle, the driver looked at her and she bowed, "Good morning sir."

"Good morning ma'am, directly towards the YG Entertainmaint building?" He asked, focusing on the road ahead. She simply nodded, "Yes."

The way towards the building wasn't long, before she could regain her thoughts Jennie found herself looking at a number of producers and her boss.

"I am glad you had a successful run of pure promotions in Thailand and Japan with BLACKPINK, but now we've got to step up the game as a solo artist. We've composed a song and wanted for you to take it to the world!" The CEO said and she faked a smile.

She would pay anything to be able to go to her bedroom and cry, sleep, wake up, eat, and then cry all over again because of Y/N. The younger girl was in her head almost all the time, it drove her mad and sad at the same time.

Everytime she saw her perfect self she pretended Y/N hadn't rejected her from the beggining. When she saw Y/N smile she pretended it was only for her.

But that wasn't reality, reality was that she needed to excessively work for a solo song. Seeing the woman she loved possibly walk away from her life and leaving her behind.

"Do you agree?" Jennie's boss asked, a small glint of worry on his small eyes. Jennie nodded, "Yes of course."

She knew she didn't have no choice but to agree to the deal. The other man just feigned to be worried over them, like always. A fake facade he kept up for the fans, but people didn't buy his excuses anymore.

"Lets get started, the song is complete, the beat is complete, we just need you to start singing the vocals." One of the producers began, catching her sad eyes but ignoring her state of mind.

She yawned, but nothing seemed to be making it clear to the men that she was beyond tired.

Nothing.

Once they prepared everything for her to record her voice, a woman came in. It was none other than Y/N, seemingly looking for something.

"Hi Y/N," Jennie softly said, not wanting to startled the younger girl.

The foreigner looked up and once she made eye contact with the k-pop idol, she smiled brightly, "Hi Jennie, I was just looking for a colleagues bag. She forgot it during a small trip."

Jennie glanced at the available chairs and pointed to one, "There's that one, now that you mention it."

Y/N nodded and took it, before she could leave she glanced at the hopeful looking singer and grinned, "Thank you, Jennie. I'll be sure to watch your solo debut when it comes out."

"Where are you going?" Jennie abruptly asked, looking like a puppy with its owner, stopping the other girl from leaving the toxic agency.

"To America, I was granted some time to go there for a few weeks, I'll be back when you start promoting as BLACKPINK again, I promise." Y/N smiled and left as Jennie helplessly waved goodbye.

She was gone, Y/N was gone and now Jennie felt ten times worse.

This wasn't going to be a good week.