5: Fall

(That's kind of how I imagine Devlin's dad to look like in the picture above ^^^ but with a bit more grey hair. I wanted him to be attractive yet older.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Devlin pulls out of me, and I wince from the pain. I felt empty without him inside of me. I felt uncomfortable under his fathers stare. I scramble off of his desk to try and fix myself, instead I ended up falling on my butt. Devlin on the other hand lazily pulls his pants back on. His father looks at me with amusement in his eyes, and a flicker of something that I couldn't make out.
He limps over to help me up. I noticed in his left hand was a gold cane with the head of some kind of goat looking animal. "Such a pretty lady. What is your name?" he asked. He too had an accent like Devlin. All I could do was stare at him in disbelief. I mean he just saw me and his son having sex on the desk.
"My dear?" he asked raising a perfect eyebrow. "Oh, s-sorry. My name is K-Korra Knight." I say while nervously shoving my hand out. He shocks me when he pulls my hand to his lips. Lightly kissing it, leaving a cold burning feeling behind.
"Such a nice name." He says with a grin, still holding my hand. Devlin growls at him.
I mean, he actually growled at his dad!
He ignored Devlin and continued nonchalantly, "My name is Lucifer Steel, but you can just call me Lucifer."
His bright green eyes darted over to look at Devlin. I thought I saw a bit of jealousy in Devlin's eyes. It was quickly wiped away as he and his father had a silent stare down. Devlin surprises me when he yanks me into his arms. "You can't have her. She belongs to me." he spits out through clenched teeth.
Lucifer laughs deeply. It sounded like claws being dragged across a chalk board. "Silly boy, you know he won't allow it." he says.
I was so confused about their conversation. So far all I got out of that was that his father was a pervert, and Devlin claimed me like I was his possession. I wasn't going to lie, I was a little smug with his words.
"He can kiss my ass. She gave herself to me, welcoming!" He exclaims to his dad. A sneaky hand rubs across my butt. I blush while trying to push away from him. This only made him pull me closer to him. Lucifer shakes his head disapprovingly, as he rubs his temples. "People like her are what destroy our kind. I hope you know what your doing my puer."
I took enough Latin to know that that meant boy.
With that said, he limps out of the office with his gold cane. Leaving me in silence with Devlin.
~~*~~
"Oh my gosh!" Ashton screams in my ear. "Your boss! This is gold Korra." Ashton's voice blared through the speaker of my phone. "No this is crap, loads and loads of poo." I grumble while stirring my pasta for my tomato sauce. I had scraped enough money up to buy supplies for spaghetti and meatballs.
Ok, maybe without the meatballs. While I was making them, I began to think about Devlin. I forgot that they were in the pot. When I took them out, they came out like coal balls. I've never burnt any type of food in my whole life. Before my grandma died, she and I would spend hours in the kitchen. Cooking all types of soul food and sweets together.
"I've seen him in a few magazines and he is a major panty dropper, Rah-Rah!" Ashton's voice interrupts my train of thoughts. She called me by my childhood nickname. It sounded silly, but we've known each other sense birth. The name just stuck with me.
"Yeah but he is a jerk."
"You just met him, just give him a try."
"No." I retort.
"I would." She says with a giggle.
"I know you would, but your married now." I tell her.
She groans through the phone. "Don't remind me. I mean I love Samuel, but sometimes he just irks my nerves." she says in a breath.
"So why did you marry him? I mean you had your whole life ahead of you."
"I thought the same thing. But I feel like I couldn't live without him. I wouldn't be happy. He makes me happy, I deserve to have a man that makes me happy. Even if he drives me up the wall. He is my Romeo and I, his Juliet."
"Boo-hoo." I say while adding a gagging sound.
"Enough about me, tell me about your first time. How was it. Give me all the wet and juicy details. Don't leave out anything. How big was he? Is he a good kisser? Did he eat you out?!" She babbled on, not skipping a breath.
I told her everything in as much detail as I could.
"Good Lord, he sounds like some kind of sex god! I think I'm going to have Sam eat me out on his shoulders." She laughs.
"Ash, this is serious. You know I wanted to wait until I was out of collage and married to the man of my dreams. You know, settled down in my big Barbie dream house and all that other good stuff. How could I have been so stupid!" I groan out in frustration. A bit of sauce splashes onto my bare skin of my wrist. I hold back a yelp as I rush over to the sink to rinse it off. The cool water soothed the burning down. I could already see a big wilt bubble up on my skin.
"Besides, he is my boss, and very famous. I don't want the press and papperazii in my life. I'll probably be made into some type of hooker. They'll say I have some kind of STD. I'll be kicked out of collage. Or worse, I'll never find another job on the face of the earth that would hire me! Then I'll never pursue my dream job!" I say in hysteria.
"Korra, calm down. Your talk'n like a crazy woman. Just go eat a big bar of Hershey's cookies 'N' cream and watch a few episodes of Adventure Time or the Boondocks." She says in a soothing tone.
She knew me too well. Knowing my comfort food and tv shows. I had to say I had the best friend in the world!
"I don't see how you still watch those cartoons anyways." she says. I can already picture her standing there with her hands on her hips and rolling her dark emerald eyes.
"You are never to old for cartoons!" I interject in a offended tone.
"Man, I really miss you and your childish flaws." she says with a sad chuckle.
"Remember the parties we use to go to." I say.
"How could I not!"
We both laugh at the good memories. We use to go to all types of teenaged, hormone crazed gigs.
Somebody would always spike the fruit punch with alcohol. Ashton would get so wasted. One time she almost jumped out of a tree. Claiming that she was a big bird and needed to fly to her babies. I had to climb my half drunken self up there to bring her down.
Sure I drank, but not to the point where I would get intoxicated.
"Yep, and that's why your my crazy BFF." I tell her.
"Maybe you can come out here and visit me sometime. With the money I'm making, I'm sure I can fly you out here in first class." I said.
"Great! Oh I almost forgot to tell you. I stopped by to see your mom at the hospital. The chemo is working. The cancer in her knee should be out in a couple of days they say." she tells me in a cherry voice.
"Yeah, that's great." I say dryly.
"She asks about you all the time, maybe you should come visit her from time to time." she adds.
"I will, but she told me I should follow my dreams. You know, she told me not to let her keep me from my future." My voice shook as I spoke. A thick lump had formed in my throat.
"Don't worry, she will make it through this." Ashton adds softly. But I knew better. Ashton was scared for my mothers health as I. Half of the reason I accepted this job was because of her. My mother didn't have a job and most of her treatment money was coming from my check book. I never had a father figure in my life. It was always us keep one another's head held high. My mother said he left as soon as I was born. There's no pictures of him or any evidence that he ever existed. I never bothered to asked about him.
With this new job, I'll have her medical bill paid for and still have more left over.
A loud knock booms from the front door. "Hey Ash, hold up a minute someone's at the door." I shuffle across the floor in my house shoes. I had took off the dress and switched to my high school, basketball jersey shirt. The colors were black, silver and white for the Mighty warriors. I had on the matching, black, baggy, parachute like sweats. I would have to roll up the waist band because a I was so small in them.
"What if it's Mr. Hottie-with-the-body!" Ashton says in a macho voice of a man.
"Oh be quit, I'm hanging up!" I say while pressing the end button. I brush my curly hair behind my ear and check myself in a nearby mirror. I looked like a tom-boy. Nothing about me was attractive at all right now. What am I doing? You don't care what Devlin thinks so stop worrying about your appearance!
I sigh deeply and open the door.
Nope, defiantly not Mr. Hottie-with-the-body.
Unnaturally green eyes stared at me with an intense look.
"M-Mr. Steel, what are you d-doing here?" Curse my nervous stutter!
I scold myself inside my head.
"It's just Lucifer," he corrects, "I came by to get to know the women my son has took such an interest in." he says with a wave of his hand. He lingered on the word interest a little too long. I blush, wondering how much of us did he see.
"Are you not going to invite me in?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Uh--yes." I say nervously.
"Sorry for the mess." I say referring to the kitchen.
"It smells delicious." He says with a twinkle of his eyes.
At the word delicious I think about my dream I had of Devlin. My heart started to beat in my chest like hammer on a nail. My body flushed with intense heat. Gravity felt like it was pushing my down to the ground. I leaned against the wall to support myself wight so I wouldn't fall down.
"I would like to talk to you about a few things." he says while helping me steady on my feet.
He leads me through the house to the living room. It was as if he had been here before. He helps me sit down in the white love seat. Then he sits across form me on the long couch.
"So how old are you?" He asked me.
I thought it was an odd question, but he gave me this look of hard seriousness.
"I am 20, but by the end of this month I'll be 21." I say. Well at least I didn't stutter, which is a good sign. He strokes his chin hair in thought. "Have you mastered the will of light yet?"
Ok, this man was crazy. The will of light? What the hell is he talking about?
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Do you not know what you are?" I was taken back by his question.
"What do you mean by what I am? I'm a human, I really don't feel comfortable with this conversation Mr.--Uh--Lucifer." I was a little annoyed with him. Did he think I was some kind of alien freak!
"I see, so your an angel who's lost their way. Your mother never told you about who your father was? Or about the powers you posses, I presume. How wonderful." He says with a pleased smile. His eyes seemed to glow brighter.
"How do you know my mother?" I said through clenched teeth.
I wanted to stand up but something was holding me down. My body grew hotter and hotter with every passing second. Sweat beads were already forming on my head.
"I-I think you should go." I say. I wanted him to leave before I ended up saying something rude to my bosses father.
I don't need to screw up three times in a row.
"But I'm just getting to know you my dear. Don't you want to know why you heal faster then the average person. Look at your wrist." he instructs.
I look at my wrist where I burned myself with the sauce. And sure enough the wilt was gone. There was no scab or scare to prove that it was ever there. What was going on here?
"And when you were a small child did you ever see supernatural beings in the sky with white wings. Dressed in crisp clean robs. Angels, maybe?"
I did have one memory as a child like that. It was of a women with long dark brown hair. She landed in front of me one time dressed in all white. Her eyes glowed a strange purple color. Her huge white wings had surrender me with warmth and comfort. I was 10 at the time. That was the day I found out my mother was diagnosed with cancer, just a couple of days after my grandmother died. It was to much for me to handle. All I wanted was someone to hold me and tell me that everything was going to be ok. I ran outside and the beautiful lady in white came crashing out of the sky. Her wings hugged around me, sending warmth through my body.
Her mouth didn't move when she spoke to me. She only smiled down at me. But I heard her voice in my head. "Don't worry little one, for he will make everything better for you, with faith." She spoke in a soothing voice. It sounded like she was humming a sweet melody.
I shack my head, bringing myself away from that memory I had long forgotten about.
"How did you know that?" I asked, more frightened then annoyed. He smiles at me with a devilish grin.
"I know many things." he simply says.
"Come here my dear, I want to show you something."
My feet automatically obey him, as I walked over to him. In slow zombie like pace, I finally reach him. He helps himself up with his cane. "This way." he says in a seductive tone. All I could focus on was his green eyes. So hypnotic, it was impossible to look away. My legs clumsily stumble up the steps. Trying desperately to keep up with him.
Warning signals went off somewhere in the back of my mind. I felt like this was bad. I shouldn't trust him. My mouth opens up to tell him he should leave. It clamps shut. Keeping the sentence from escaping. My legs still followed him up the steps. All the way to the top. Around a few corners. Into my room. Past the glass sliding door. We now stood outside in the chilly, cold air. The moon shone like a glowing, silver Christmas ornament in the sky. The stars seemed to wink at me. "Come." Lucifer beckons me closed to the railing of the balcony.
I make my way over without a word. The city was brightly lite. Billboard signs flashed colorful displays of flashing lights. The cars stuck in traffic honked and beeped at one another. "Look closer." His voice was just above a whisper. I leaned dangerously over the balcony. All someone had to do was left my feet off the ground and I could fall down to my death.
"That'ssss it... Jusssst a little more..." his voice sounded weird. It was like he was in my head and he sounded an awful lot like a snake.
A powerful force pushes me from behind. I then snap back to reality and scream while trying to regain my balance.
It was to late.
I reached out for something, anything to grab onto, but only grabbed air.
Everything around me seemed to slow down as I fell backwards. My screams grew silent as I locked eyes with Lucifer. His eyes seemed to change into a bright red color. Horns rose out of his forehead. And his skin grew charcoal red. Like it had been in the sun to long.
With a blink of my eye, he had changed back into his green eyed, handsome self.
A dark figure with black wings rushes out of no where. I slammed into them and they held me close to there chest. They swoop down and landed back safely on the balcony. I was still screaming like a crazy lunatic in their arms. What the hell is happening here!