13: Home Sweet Home

( (Song: Monsters by Katie Sky ^^^^^YOU MUST LISTEN TO THIS SONG!!! I COMMAND THE!!!^^^^^^^ sorry I went a little crazy there.... *cough-cough*, but no.... seriously listen to it😋
That's Korra's mum^^^^^^)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tucked my wings into my body, free falling to the earth. I made sure I had picked a sturdy tee branch. My arms quickly grab ahold of a cypress tree. I held back a pained cry as a splinter cut through my flesh.
I held onto the branch for dear life. Black combat boots lightly step on the branch I was holding onto.
Devlin smiled at me as he held out his hand. I grudgingly took it, as he pulled me up. One of the outstretched branches, ripped my pretty white dress. Right before my eyes the fabric quickly sewed back to together.
"Cool." I say in a awed whisper. I touched the place were the rip once was. Devlin helped me out of the tree. He picked up my bag and we followed the trail down the bayou. Thick green algae flowed down the river. A few lily pads had bright pink flowers blooming out of them. A few frogs called out to one another. Two dragonflies chased each other around the waters edge. Their glittery iridescent wings moved to fast for my eyes.

Ever sense I got my wings, I've had a good sense of direction. I knew where North, South, East, and West were, without the use of a compass.
"The road to her hospital should be a little bit past these trees." I say. Devlin was behind me swatting at a mosquito. I giggled as he ran away from a dragonfly, screaming.
I laughed as the dragonfly chased him. He ran around me. Moving his arms like a crazed person.
Devlin's Scythe appeared in his hands. The blade transformed into a blue, flaming, fly swatter.
"Say hello to my little friend!" He shouts, doing a horrible impression of Scareface.
"Wait!" I exclaimed trying to stop him, but it was to late.
The flames heated the dragonflies' wings. It spun around in a circle as it fell to the ground. It struggled to lift itself off the ground. It's left wings were broken. Devlin was about to crush it with his big boots, when I swatted his leg.
I quickly picked up the bug.
"Eww, you picked it up!" He screams.

"It's just a dragonfly, it's harmless." I say while inspecting it's wings.
If only I could help it. The little guys wings were all bent up and charcoal looking. It laid on my hand in defeat. It stared at me with calm eyes. Almost as if it was saying it accepted it's fate.
"You don't have to kill everything that gets in your way." I mumble under my breath.
"Come on, let's go see your mom. The thing has 7 seconds to live anyway." He huffs out.

My hands start to do that weird glowing thing. White light flew off my hand like sparklers, on the 4th of July.
I felt strange energy pulse from my fingertips and through my body. My wings seem to flap rapidly, matching my frantic heartbeat.
My hands cupped around the little dragonfly. Bright light seeped out from the cracks of my hand.
The bright light, slowly fades away. I release my grip on the dragonfly.

Four, perfect, healthy, iridescent wings were now on it's back. It jumped up into air and took flight.
I admired it's quick wing pattern as it flew around my head.
"3 seconds." Devlin says behind me.
I shush him as I watched it fly over the water. A frog leaped onto a lily pad.
I waved my hand and a mini wave of water washed the frog away, just as the little dragonfly flew past. I sigh with relief.
It landed on a blade of grass and a fish jumped out of water.
"Nooo!" I screamed. Just at the same time Devlin said "Zero."
The fish vanished back into water, taking the dragonfly captive in it's mouth.

"You can't cheat death catulus." Devlin's voice was in my ear.
"Let's go." I say in a small voice.
"Look on the bright side, you mastered some of your light abilities." he says while giving me a peck on the cheek. I ignored him as I lead him over to hospital. He took my silence as a sign to shut up. He got a better grip on my bags as we shuffled to the street. I watched as his clothes slowly change. He now had on khakis and a bright, blue Polo shirt. On his feet were a pair of white, low cut, Vans. I was too upset to ask him why did he change his appearance.