14: truth comes out

(Song: Sun goes down by Robin Schulz
It takes it a while for the singing part to start but over all, the beat is pretty good😊)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt like someone had pulled the trigger, right at my heart.

I felt like someone had took my lungs in their fist, and squeezed the air out of me.

I felt like someone was stabbing me, repeatedly in my gut. The pain was to much.

I felt... I felt numb.

The earth swayed under my feet. Devlin caught me before I lost my balance.
A lump formed in my throat.

"I know why your here. I'm on the verge of dying. I told the nurses to not give me any medicine anymore." my mother says with a cough.

"S-so you weren't going to tell me? What, so you thought you could leave your only daughter here! Alone!" I couldn't help but shout. Anger was the only way I was capable of dealing with this numb painful feeling.

"And you!" I shout, while turning to Devlin.

"You knew this whole time, didn't you?"
He answers my looking at the ground.
"Didn't you?!" I shove him.

"Now Korra don't get mad at him. I told him not to tell you. He knew that my time was near the moment he stepped in this building. I told him not to say anything to you when he read my thoughts. Part of his job, as being the angle of Death, is to grant the parting soul one final request. But let me not digress. I know why you came to see me. You want to know about your father."

I slowly felt myself calm down.

"Come on, sweet cakes." she says while giving me a weak smile. A tiny dimple popped out of her left cheek. It looked as if she gave all her energy into that one simple smile.

Another plow to the chest.

"I was young and dumb. Never followed my brain, but listened to my heart.

I met your father Micah one night. I almost lost my life; due to my abusive, drug addict, ex, who I thought loved me.

Micah is the angel of miracle. He was my guardian angle. He saw my pain and pleaded for God to allow himself to be visible in the human world. He wanted to show me a different path.

When my eyes locked onto his, for the first time, I knew in that moment, I had found my love.
We fell head over heels for one another. He took me away from my old life and gave me a new one.
He gave me a miracle, you.
We got married after you were born.
He knew he had broken the rules of being my guardian angel. Having a child with a human was forbidden. He knew that that serpent would want to get a hold of you, as soon as you were born. So he hid some of your light powers away, and gave us a place to stay safe. We were blessed with money. But he had to make a sacrifice. We could never see each other again. He was stripped of his wings and powers.
He did all of that because he loved us. I know that what we did was wrong, but I never regret any of it." She sighs deeply.

She was becoming paler and paler with every word.

"He knows." Devlin's deep voice sounded too loud, compared to my mothers soft voice.

"So the devil knows; I've already guessed that. I knew the moment I saw you with her, the snake knew about her. I only have a little bit of Micah's powers left inside of me. He gave them to me in case of an emergency. Sense I am not immortal like him, it came with a side affect. Cancer.

I knew the dangers of it. But I wanted to keep my baby girl safe. I want you to take them. His powers will show you your path. I've already found mine. Now it's time for you to follow yours."

She turns to look at Devlin.
"How much time do I have left?" She asked.

"One minute..." he sighs out in a breath.

As if he were sad.
He disgusted me!
She was his job.
His food.
She meant nothing to him.
Nothing.

"Listen Korra, I know your upset, but there is a reason why Death and you are so connected with one another."

She pauses for a moment to catch her breath.

"My request to death was that he would find someone who would love and protect you, with all their might. They had to be strong and ruthless when it came to your safety. I never knew that he would be the one to love and protect you. It's strange, I feel like he is perfect for you, in a weird twisted way. Almost like it was your destiny." She finished.

Her breath became ragged.
Her eyelids close shut.
"I love you Korra... More then you will ever know." she whispers out in one final breath. A small peaceful smile was left on her face.
She was gone.

Zero...

(Yes I know this is short but I just wanted to publish this one for you all.
Thanks for the votes and reading on! Comment too 😌)
-mevixx