10: Surprise

(Song: Runaway by Galantis I just really love this song and I wanted to somehow put it in this story so I decided to play it when their together having fun at the fair HINT! HINT! sense that's why I picked that photo above ^^^^^^🎡🎠🎢 )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hate you!" I scream over the loud spooky music. It was playing loudly on the haunted themed, mini ride. Why did I let him convince me into getting on this stupid ride?
Oh yeah, because he kissed me and I was under his charming looks, and those blue seas of no return. I didn't realize where I was, until I was fastened into the seat next to him.

A ghost popped up beside me. I clutched onto Devlin's corny, floral, beach shirt, with terror. I could feel his body shack with laughter as I buried my face in his chest. "Korra it's not that scary. It's all fake." he assures me through a giggle.
Yes, he giggled like a little girl. Then he started singing ring-around-the-Rosie in a creepy little girls voice.
"Cut it out!" I shout, while digging my nails in his flesh. He gently declaws my fingers from his side. "I won't let anything happen to you." he mumbles into my ear. I crane my neck to look up at him. Sure enough, his eyes were doing that weird glowing thing. They were brighter this time.
A small part of me believed him. Not just for this dreadful ride he got me on. But to protect me from other things. Like the boogie-man, creepy crawlers, or things on the other side. Somehow I knew, that he would protect me for many days to come. Maybe even months.
For years.
"For centuries." Devlin leans down to kiss my forehead.

The ride had finally stopped and I flung my seatbelt off and ran a few safe distance away.
Devlin caught up to me.
"You said," I paused to take in a deep breath, "That you had a surprise for me!" I gasped. He picks up a rock and chucks it into the air.
"Yeah, so?" He says with a shrug.
"So? That was not a surprise, Devlin! Surprises are good things. Not things that make you want to cry home to your momma!"

"Aww my catulus wants her mamma." He says poking his bottom lip out.
I shove him. "It's not funny! See this is why I can't..." he pulls me into a long and passionate kiss.
"I love it when your eyebrows squish together when your upset with me."
A smile creeps onto my face. "Well I hate it when you distract me with your god like body and that killer smile. And don't get me started on those soul sucking eyes of yours!"
He chuckles, letting me go, "Is this your way of saying you like me too catulus?"
I stubbornly cross my arms over my chest.

"Ok, so what do you want to do? There's about 50 rides here at this beach fair. I have a pocket full of money to let my catulus have a fun time. I wouldn't want to waist the surprise." He said while bringing me into a hug. My eyes wander over to a food stand that had windows filled with fluffy, surgery, cotton candy.
My mouth began to water at the sight of it.

Devlin follows my hungry eyes. I turn to look at him. He had the biggest smirk on his face. "I knew you had a sweet tooth." he says. Then he pulls me up there and orders two cones of blue cotton candy.
He hands me mine. I pluck a huge fluff off of it. I close my eyes as the cotton candy dissolved on my tongue, into surgery clumps.
Sweets were my weakness to almost everything.

Devlin just took a big bite out of his. His face was covered in blue cotton when he came back up. I laughed at him. He looked like Santa clause had went through a bad hair dye experiment.
"What?" He asked me.
"You got a little..." I trail off, pointing to my face. To let him know he had stuff all over it.
His tongue flicks out to clean it off. But he failed miserably.
"Here let me." I tell him.
He looked like a complete fool standing there trying to lick his face clean.
I pull off some big chunks. Then lick my finger to get the sticky sugar off his skin.