11: Cloud 9

(Song: somewhere only we know by Lily Allen. I pictured this song when there flying together. I
thought it was really cute☺️💘)

There was a sharp pain on my back. I cried out in agony. It felt like something was struggling to be set free. A loud rip of my clothing signified that whatever was struggling, was now free.
There was a loud swoosh and my fall had came to sudden halt. My clothes had changed into a long flowing white gown and a pair of gold slippers formed, snug on my feet.

"My sweet anguli." Devlin says in a gasp.
I had stopped falling just above the Pacific Ocean. I saw my reflection in the water and froze.
"Holy cheese balls." I said in a whisper.
Huge, white wings, stretched out from behind me, at about 15 feet. They flapped stupidly as I tried to keep myself away from the water. I ended up dropping lower.
"Devlin!" I cried out.
"Don't think to hard about it. Just let your wings fly by instinct." he tells me. He swoops low beside me. His raven black wings looked as powerful as mine. I tried to copy his wing pattern, but I dropped even lower. I could feel the mist of the waves on my toes.

"It's just like breathing, it comes naturally to you." he tells me.
He leans back and pretends to do a backstroke in the air. His wings glided him around effortlessly.
"Easy for you to say! You've been doing this before I was even born!" I yell. I regretted it, as I spun upside down.
My dress fell down. I awkwardly tried to hold it up. Devlin flew between my legs and swiped his finger across my privet part. I squealed with discomfort and annoyance.
I wanted to punch him in his throat!
"You wouldn't dare!" Devlin says through laughter. "But I like this view a lot, catulus."
I could feel the blood rush to the top of my head. If I stayed like this any longer I would pass out.
"I thought I told you to stop reading my thoughts!" I scream at him.
"I can't help it; your mind is so fascinating to listen to. Now come on, take easy breaths and don't think to hard about flying, just let it happen." he tells me.
"But I'm afraid of flying!"
He laughs, "How can a angel be scared to fly? This is what you were born to do. Embrace it catulus."

I bite my bottom lip nervously, as I looked down at the crashing waves. They collided into one another like brick walls. If I dropped down, I would surely drown.
Please God if you can hear me, please don't let me die. After I said my little prayer I took a deep breath.
If I live through this, my mother and I are going to have a serious conversation about my father.

Ok, don't think about it.
I dropped lower. The waves were splashing my face now.
"Why is this so hard!" I called up to Devlin. He swooped down next to me again and helped turn me upright.
"Follow my lead." He says while firmly holding my wrist. He took us higher and higher with each and every powerful flap.
"Just focus on my eyes, nothing else. Pretend its only us in the world." He tells me.
I tried to make my wings move but I only got the left one to move while the right just stayed frozen in place. "No silly catulus, don't think about it. Let your wings guide you."

"Yes sensi." I grumble.
Devlin laughs.
"It's not funny!" I shout.
"Tell me why it's not then?" He kept his blue eyes locked onto mine.
"I don't see what's so funny of holding me up 100 feet in the air."

"Actually its 2150 feet. I'm only doing it so that you can learn how to fly." he tells me with a smirk.
"T-two thousand feet?!" I scream at him. My stomach groaned with discomfort.
"Calm down. Your loosing focus. Tell me more about yourself." he says in a rush.
"What's there to tell? You know basically everything about me." I say with sarcasm.
"I want to hear them from you."

I sigh.
"I was born July 6, 1992." I say.
"No, not simple things; things that I can remember for the rest of our lives." he says.
I roll my eyes at his corny comment.
"I hate Zombies. I'm pretty sure a zombie apocalypse could actually happen." I say with a shiver.
Devlin held in a chocked laugh.
His bright eyes seemed to sparkle as if to say continue.
"My middle name is Rosebud. I like long hot showers and I can't dance to save my life, but I can sing."