9: Catulus(meooow!)

Devlin's face was decorated with black ink. Sharp lines were linked together like chains, around his eyes and cheek bone. In the middle of his forehead was a crescent moon. The tattoo began to glow brightly.
His clothes slowly changed into a black hoodie and jeans. The hood of his sweatshirt draped itself over his head. Putting his face in total darkness. And just as I suspected a long scythe pops in his hand. It took up most of the space in the overly stretched limo.
I press my body as far away from him as I could.
"I-I knew it!" I say in fearful triumph.
"Do you want a cookie?" The sarcasm in his voice dripped off his tongue like thick honey.
"I actually would have thought that you would have guessed who I was sooner by now. I made sure to let my eyes give it away." He says. His scythe disappears in thick smoke.

"Why was your father at my house?"
"Oh babe, he's not my father. I'm older then the B.C. Age." He tells me.
"T-then who is h-he?" I was afraid of my question. I don't think I wanted to get my answer.
"I'll give you a hint about who he is," he starts, "Think about an angel. A fallen angel that had the gift of song. The big man above kicked him out because he was being bad and couldn't follow the rules." he waves his hand in the air. Gesturing for me to guess.

"Lucifer... As in the Devil! W-wait the Devil was at my house!" I jump up in my seat and bump my head on the roof. I harshly rub at it. I could feel a knot forming on my head.
Death laughs hysterically at me. Another thought struct me. "S-so if your really death, t-hen that means that in your office a-and in the elevator w-we--uh..." my voice trails off. I think I'm going to be sick.

"Don't act like you didn't enjoy yourself catulus. You liked it, you liked it a lot." He says in a husky voice.
He pauses then in a puff of smoke he was in my face.
"You really want to know why I'm so attracted to you?" His voice had changed to a deeper tone. Not the smooth velvet voice I was so use too. It was much lower. More seductive.
I still couldn't see his face. It still had that black hole, where his face should be. He continues,
"Because you were mine the moment you took your first breath. Spoke your first word. Took your first step. Every fiber of your body that makes you you, is all mine." He pulls my hand up to his chest with bony fingers. A loud thu-thump of his heart beat, bumped under my trembling fingertips.

"My immortal heart only beats for one, catulus." He purrs out that last word.
"B-but I'm no a-angel. So how could I h-have Josette's spirit in me?" I ask weakly.
Loud sirens sounded in the distant. "Your are my lost Josette. When you awake, you'll be in the hospital. I'll make this seem like our driver had a heart attack and we crashed. Be sure not to panic when you wake. Somnus meus dulcis catulus." My brain somehow formed his last sentence into english.

Sleep my sweet kitten.

I only took Latin once in middle school. I failed it with a big fat 'F'. How could I understand him so clearly?
My eyelids grew heavy. I tried my best to keep them open, but it was like trying to fight against gravity. My body grew heavy, as well as my breathing.
"N-nooo..." my voice faded away to a silent cry. Sleep swallowed me whole, into a dark pit of unknown.

~~🌸🐱🌸~~

The first thing I smell is sweet, spicy cinnamon; mixed with mint. My eyes flew open from the familiar scent. I went to rub my aching head, but long IV tubes in my arm made it difficult. My heart accelerated and a loud beeping noise went off. I looked up to see a heart monitor next to me. The smell of disinfectant, strongly overpowered the sweet and spicy aroma.
"Ah, your awake." an elderly looking nurse says. She was short and plump. Small circular glasses were at the top of her tiny nose. She had navy blue eyes, with salt and pepper hair. It was shortly cut, on top of her head, in big curls. If you traded her nurse scrub outfit for a Mrs. Clause custom. She would have fooled me into thinking she was Santa Clause's wife.