Dark Carnival: Coaster

"Well, I wasn't expecting to go through the tunnel of love, let alone with zombies win it." Nick says, clearing his throat as he uses the axe to chop a spitter's head off. 

The tunnel was long, winding, full of infected and infested with hunters. It was like the people around here were destined to become hunters. And they were not the fun attraction.

We navigated through several supply rooms and found an array of adrenaline shots, medicines, and first aid kits. There were several IV bags, and many unused hospital gowns. Which was very unusual since there hadn't been any strong sign of a CEDA station near the area. Only Midnight Riders who were only performing around the country to calm people down, but it only gathered the infected with the sound. Hadn't they realized sound is a key factor?

"Damn, I'm glad that's over. There is a reason I don't let my daughter in these things." Coach laughed, and I smiled. Maybe we would all see our family again. Or at least some part of our family. 

There was a loud buzzing above us, and when I looked up I saw a helicopter. To make sure I wasn't seeing things, I yelled to the group and we decided to follow it. Obviously, they were looking for more survivors.

"Let's go! Maybe they got some room up in there for us!" Coach cheers, his eyes full of hope for some sort of rescue. It was good we could still feel hope, but something seemed fishy.

"How many more times are we going to keep going like this? I don't know if I have this hit in me, guys." Rochelle stops, heavily breathing and grunting. She looked like she had been through the ringer. 

"Ro, don't say that. We're going to get through this-" I put my shotgun down, and place a gentle hand on her shoulder. She snaps my arm away, and laughs.

"Yeah? You really believe that? CEDA was MURDERING innocent people! What do you think they'll do with us? Let us live in peace with them? No, Kelsey! If you think that then you're delusional!"

"Rochelle, I really think you should calm down." Nick tries to get closer to Ro, but she only backs up from him. I could see her shoulders and arms getting tense with every movement. Nick finally gets her to stop talking, and Coach helps her get her breathing back to normal. Ellis and I watched in agony. The utter torment was horrible, feeling so lost in the world. Not knowing if there will be a future, never truly trusting where you are or who you're with. It could really break you down in ways you couldn't imagine.

"Let's just start the damn coaster." Rochelle uttered, and we gathered our plan. We had to start the coaster in order to get to the safe room at the end. There was no other way to get there unless you were to ride it, or follow it. Rochelle and Nick were both going to follow the coaster as it did its round, and cover Ellis, Coach, and my own back. I was grateful, as we got to live out our Zombieland dreams. Besides, who knew when we would get another chance to ride a roller coaster during a zombie apocalypse?

"Holy shit, watch out!" Ellis yelled, aiming his hunting rifle at a hunter that was nearing the side of the coaster. We turned back to check on Rochelle and Nick, to make sure nothing was wrong. Occasionally, a jockey would ride Nick and a hunter would pin Ro, but nothing was worse that being puked on by a boomer during a corkscrew.

"Well, there ya go! Did you guys have fun?" Coach gets out of his seat, and gathers his bag of guns, grenades, and general zombie survival essentials. You get the point.

"Hell yeah! We should do that again sometime, huh?" Ellis smirked at me, and I nodded. Letting me out of the roller coaster seating before himself. What a gentlemen.

"We should get some rest for once, the safe room looks cozy." Nick says, searching for an excuse to relax. Though I didn't know why, I caught on that something was wrong. Nick never would stop for anything. Unless it was for money or guns.

"So... now you wanna take a power nap? I see how it is." Coach rolled his eyes, knowing damn well something was up. I just didn't know exactly what it was.

"What? We don't know when the helicopter is coming back? Why risk it and wait?" I ask him, reloading my shotgun, and putting it aside on the table beside me.

"Because if I do, I'll die."