Swamp Fever: Plantation

"According to this map, there is a plantation house just north of here. Maybe they have something there?" Coach and Rochelle had found a map from the houses they had checked last night.

"How do we know this house is still there?" Ellis asks, crossing his arms in front of his chest. 

"We don't. But, we should at least check it out. Couldn't hurt." Rochelle answered with uncertainty, but definitely had a bit of confidence. I mean, every time we've taken a chance, it's worked out in our favor. Why wouldn't it now?

We wandered through many houses, but these were nice houses. Most of them were large and two-story homes. Eventually leading us around a corner with a huge plantation house. It was white with black accents and extraordinarily large. The front yard alone was a quarter mile or so. It was very beautiful, and looked like it was actually safe.

"Up this scaffolding." Nick suggested, and we all followed. The house looked a bit messy inside but didn't show it on the outside. The floors had collapsed in, and the corridors were filled with ammunition and bombs. Nice.

As we wandered to the back part of the house, I notice a rather weird scene. There was a dead man laying against the white fence, holding a radio. He was completely covered in blood, and seemed to have been ambushed.

"Hey guys, I think I just found our way out." I yelled, smiling as I ran through the yard, through a bush maze and gravel. The man looked very old, but was clearly dead. The radio began to surge with a man's voice coming in and out.

"Hello?"

"Ah, hello there! I ain't heard from nobody out here for a long time! Where are you now?" The man on the other end asks, and to our surprise responded.

"We're at a plantation house." I fill the man in on our situation. We were glad to hear from someone other than the infected screaming at us.

"Okay, just stay right where y'all are. I'll be right out there." The man said, explaining to us that his name was Virgil.

We went back into the house and waited. We scavenged for some materials, getting some health kits, bombs, ammunition, and more weaponry. We could use it all, really. 

We fought through round after round of hordes of infected, until we were finally met with the tank. He picked up huge rocks, and threw them at us like it was nothing. We had been shooting at him for ten minutes, that is until Virgil blew up the gate.

I could feel the warmth of the explosion from afar, and Ellis grabbed my hand. We ran as fast as we could, slashing and killing any infected that got in our way. The boat was within seeing distance. I could tell that we were getting closer.

"RUN! IT'S VIRGIL!" I yelled, and we all ran to the dock to board the boat. The tank was hurling into way towards us, throwing things at us and screaming in pain for every round of ammo we used against him.

The dock was long, and parts of it were sinking underwater within seconds. We were almost on the boat, when I slipped and fell. I managed to stand back up, with the helping hand of Rochelle, and leapt to the boat before Virgil started to sail away. Thank God I made it.

"We made it, y'all."