Hard Rain: Town Escape

Today was the day. If we didn't leave today, we weren't going to. Ever.

"Maybe we could turn on that burger sign, that should get Virgil's attention."

"That plan ain't all that bad." Ellis commented, as he put his cap back on. I giggled, knowing damn well that it was my fault for it being off.

"Yeah, let's go for it." Rochelle reaffirmed, and I nodded. I had the giggles, and Nick was giving me a look both of confusion and gratefulness. I could tell he was happy that I was in a good mood. But I also knew it hurt him that I was close to Ellis.

We made our way back over the ramp, leaving us in the swamps of water around the gas station. The rain was still coming down, but not nearly as hard as it had. I was grateful for the end of the storms.

"Signs on. Get ready to put up a fight." Coach says, cocking his gun. He threw a bike bomb, making the horde go towards it, rather than us. It was a good idea, and we kept throwing different kinds of bombs, and the infected chased them down. We had gotten a bunch of materials from the trip to the other gas station. Molotovs, grenades, pipe bombs, you name it and we probably have it.

It was horde after horde, it seemed like it would never end. Nonetheless, we kept fighting. I had my gun pointed towards a spitter, when I heard he loud echo of a distant boat horn.

"VIRGIL!" I yell, excitedly running towards the doc to board. I look behind me, and see that the rest of the crew was swiftly running behind me.

However, we weren't the only ones running towards the boat...

"TAAANK!" Nick screams, shooting the tank. It was as if the bullets were not damaging the damn thing. We kept running, hoping the tank would just give up. We were lucky enough, to find out it was true.

"That was close."