t h r e e ~ his family

Eleanor sat outside with Lilah, the child ran around the property, on the only sunny day since last Tuesday, blowing bubbles and running to pop them all. Eleanor had her camera in hand and was snapping away, trying to entertain herself and her younger sister while Theo was at work, he was one of the junior doctors at the local hospital shadowing one of the top doctors and learning from him. She smiled at her younger sister and moved pieces of her hair out of her face as she raised her camera up to her eyes once more.

"Ellie look!" Lilah squealed, her hands were covered in the bubble mixture and she was making shapes with her fingers and blowing the bubbles with her hands. Eleanor smiled and snapped more pictures. She looked down at the pictures on her digital camera and smirked.

"You're so cute," Eleanor mumbled.

"Uh, Ellie?" Lilah asked, her voice quavered. Eleanor looked up as Lilah came and sat down behind her older sister. Her hands were still soaked in the bubble mixture and since Eleanor was wearing a light blue sundress Lilah's hands coated her back in soapy mixture. Eleanor glanced up and was shocked to see Jasper standing on the road near her house.

"Jasper?" Eleanor asked Jasper who smiled and nodded to her.

"Wanna go for a walk?" He asked cooly. The sun had gone behind clouds and Eleanor noticed a faint glow around Jaspers face.

"Now?" She asked, surprised. "And how did you know where I live? Wait where did you come from?" Jasper laughed.

"I was in the neighbourhood and I heard something about you moving here. Thought I'd come to take a look, I guess." Jasper replied shrugging. Eleanor sighed and remembered the small human hiding behind her.

"Hey Li, you wanna go for a walk?" Eleanor asked, turning around to face her little sister. Lilah glanced at Jasper who spared her a smile and nodded her head. Eleanor stood up and grabbed her little sisters hand. "I'll get cleaned up, give me five minutes. You wanna come inside?" Eleanor asked. Jasper shook his head.

"No thank you, I'll wait out here." Eleanor nodded. She grabbed her camera and pulled her little sister into the house.

"Do you wanna go and grab your coat for me please Lilah?" Eleanor asked sweetly. Lilah nodded and skipped to her room. Eleanor walked into her bedroom, placed her camera on her bed and dried her back from the bubble mixture. She wrapped a black cardigan around her shoulders and threw on her black converse. Eleanor grabbed her phone, keys and a water bottle and threw them into her small side bag.

"Who's that boy on our lawn?" Lilah asked abruptly. Eleanor squealed and jumped. She held her chest and took in deep breaths.

"Jeeze, you're a quiet little minx!" Eleanor whispered. Lilah smiled. "He's a friend." She walked towards her sister and knelt down, buttoning up Lilah's little pink windbreaker jacket.

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"No, he's not my boyfriend. He's a good friend who's been really nice to me at school."

"Does he like you?"

"What?"

"Do you like him?"

"You ask a lot of questions for a four-year-old." Eleanor grabbed Lilah's hand and they walked out of the house, locking the door behind them. Lilah's grip on Eleanor's hand grew tighter as they walked closer to Jasper. He held his hands behind his back and his posture was incredible, Eleanor noticed. He looked like he belonged in the military. Eleanor picked up Lilah who hid her head in the crook of her neck.
"Lilah, this is my friend Jasper. Jasper, this is my little sister Lilah." Jasper smiled and held out his hand as he crouched down, like a gentleman.