f o u r ~ secrets

"I don't know if your siblings like me... Rosalie and Edward, that is." Eleanor stated, resting her chin against her hand as she and Jasper sat on her front porch. The sun had gone down long ago, it had been hours since the three returned back from the Cullen residence.
The pair sat in the dark with only the moonlight as a way to see. Eleanor had a blanket wrapped around her shoulders and she had her long hair tied into a side braid. Jasper was looking at Eleanor, she turned and smiled at him.

"I'm sure they'll warm up to you eventually." Jasper shrugged. Eleanor sighed.

"Thanks, by the way, for inviting me around. You're a pretty good dude." She added making her new friend smile.

"You're not half bad yourself, Beckett."

"Oh, so we're going by last names now? Whatever you say, Hale." Eleanor chuckled along with Jasper. He eventually stood up and stretched out his arms.

"I should get going. I'll see you tomorrow for school Miss Beckett." Jasper smirked, pulling a two-fingered salute. Eleanor laughed and waved goodbye.

"See ya later Mr Hale," Eleanor replied. She watched as Jasper walked away into the dark.

Eleanor walked back inside and said goodnight to her brother and sister before heading to her room. She sat down on her head and started to think, her mind started to wander. Lying down on her bed she thought about how strange Jasper and the rest of the Cullens were; it was such a generic and boring subject for her since people at school wouldn't shut up about them but there was something odd, off even.
She couldn't shake the weird feeling that Eleanor got when she was around Esme - it was 100% wrong because one: she was Jaspers aunt and two: she was much older than Eleanor. She looked to be in her mid 20's but still a no-go zone. Eleanor sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose- she couldn't get her out of her mind and that didn't feel wrong. Was it wrong?

- - - - - 

Eleanor woke up with something shaking her awake. She groaned and rolled over to see Lilah giggling. "Ellie, you're gonna be late for school!" Lilah sang out. Eleanor glanced at her nightstand and looked at the clock. 7:35.

"Shit!" She swore, Lilah covered her mouth with her hand and gasped.

"You said a bad word!" She gasped. Eleanor's eyes widened and she picked up her sister.

"Don't tell Theo and I'll treat you to ice cream this afternoon, but right now I have to get ready!" Eleanor rushed, placing her sister on the ground just outside her bedroom and quickly closing the door. She threw on black jeans, a dark blue plaid shirt with a black singlet underneath and her favourite blue converse. She grabbed her jacket and her bag she packed last night before rushing down the stairs and stopping in front of the kitchen counter. Her brother was sitting next to her sister at the kitchen island and they were happily eating breakfast. Theo glanced up and smirked.

"I made you some breakfast to take to school and your coffee while you were getting a few extra minutes of beauty sleep." He stated with a casual tone and a coy smile. Eleanor quickly tied her hair up into a ponytail and stuffed the goods into her bag as well as a few bits of fruit to snack on during the day. She kissed her brother on the cheek and her sister on her forehead before grabbing her keys and rushing out the door.

"Thanks!" She called out behind her. She made it safely without falling to her car and started on her way to school.