s e v e n ~ troubles escalate

The next few days had been boring, it was sunny and Jasper had told Eleanor that they wouldn't be at school because of the sun. He explained to her that when out in the sun they sparkled, and therefore, would stand out in the crowd.
Jess and Angela had tried to convince Eleanor to come prom dress shopping but she was going out to dinner with her siblings and a few of her parent's friends' in order to reconnect. It was Theo's ideas and one of their father's closest friends Waylon Forge. He was a nice man who was friends with Chief Swan who wanted to come to the dinner but unfortunately had work. He had also been friends with Eleanor's' father, who seemed to grow up here.

"Are you sure we can't convince you to come dress shopping with us?" Angela asked as they walked to their shared calculus class. Eleanor smiled sympathetically.

"No sorry, I really don't want to bail on this dinner. Plus I may not even go to prom, it's not really my thing." Eleanor shrugged. "Maybe you could convince Bella to go?" Angela laughed.

"Yeah, maybe if dogs could fly."

"Well, you never know."

- - - - -

"And so now I'm here because I swear there's something up with those Cullens! How could Edward just save me like that? I know It was him!" Bella called out on the other side of the phone. Eleanor giggled and straightened out her dress as she stared at herself in the mirror. She liked the dress she was wearing, a deep blue dress that came down to her knees and from the waist up had a covering of lace over the top of the fabric.
Unfortunately, it was the dress she wore to her parents funeral. Nonetheless, she wanted to get more than one use out of it and what better way than to rid the bad memories of wearing it than to create newer and better memories.

Tonight was the night where her siblings and herself would finally meet up with Waylon Forge and his wife for dinner to reconnect. Theo was closer with the man compared to her sister or herself. Theo even still remembered Waylon, not to mention they had brunch together the other day talking about her parents and the life they lived in Forks.

"Whatever you say, Bells. I hit my head really hard on the concrete, so I'm sorry but I can't back you up on this." She lied smoothly. "I've got to go now though but tell me how your research goes."

"I'll see you tomorrow Eleanor. Have a nice night."

"You too Bella." Eleanor hung up the phone and walked downstairs to see her brother pacing back and forth. He was dressed up in a nice casual suit and his head darted up when she entered the room. But what concerned her most was when she saw Esme sitting on the couch with Lilah next to her.

"Theo?" Eleanor asked, upon seeing her brothers troubled expression.

"We need to go," Theo stated, his voice sounded defeated. She looked over to Esme who wouldn't look at her.

"Has something happened?" She asked again.

"You look really pretty, Eleanor." Esme forced a smile, she looked back down and started to read to Lilah.

"I asked Esme if she could come and look after Li for us," Theo replied, picking up the car keys.

"I thought she was coming with us," Eleanor stated, moving closer to Theo. She grabbed her coat and walked over to her sister, kissing her on the forehead, she followed her brother out to the car and when they got in Theo started the engine.

"Something happened, Carlisle and Chief Swan called me and said something had happened," Theo explained as they started to drive.

"Why am I coming then? Aren't you now working?" Eleanor asked, gaining more questions than answers.